Law School Recruitment Forums

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
katie96

Law School Recruitment Forums

Postby katie96 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:40 pm

How important are law school recruitment forums? I want to go to the one coming to my city next weekend but it conflicts with work. Should I make it a priority to go?

trudat15

Re: Law School Recruitment Forums

Postby trudat15 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:54 pm

katie96 wrote:How important are law school recruitment forums? I want to go to the one coming to my city next weekend but it conflicts with work. Should I make it a priority to go?

I've never been (but going to the one in my city in a few weeks) so I cant really tell you the answer to that, but I've heard you can get fee waivers after talking to adcomms at particular schools. That alone is worth the trip.
Whether it's true is another story. Just what I've heard.

jackalope11

Re: Law School Recruitment Forums

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:00 pm

FWIW, I thought they were a complete waste of time... we were all shuttled through like cattle, the room was extremely cramped, and I couldn't hear a word any of the recruiters said to me.

Not to mention, all of the information I received was readily available online or could be mailed to me by calling the admissions office.

It didn't add or subtract any schools on the list I developed through my own research, and I sincerely doubt it made any difference whatsoever in the decisions I received...

A caveat on fee waivers, I never had any problem getting a waivers from schools directly, so I cannot say whether or not it was easier at the forum. Most seemed to be more than happy to grant them to competitive candidates, and the school I currently attend (Illinois) does not charge an application fee at all...

My two cents: Don't miss work... This law school stuff is 'spensive and you'll need the money. :mrgreen:

HTH!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”