Specified letters of recommendation Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
katie96

New

Specified letters of recommendation

Post by katie96 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Do ad comms prefer specified LORs for their school, or will it not make a difference if I label all of my LORs "for all law schools" on LSAC (assuming I would have to ask one of my recommenders to generate a specific letter, if you all think specific letters are better--I do not already have one)?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Specified letters of recommendation

Post by Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:41 pm

katie96 wrote:Do ad comms prefer specified LORs for their school, or will it not make a difference if I label all of my LORs "for all law schools" on LSAC (assuming I would have to ask one of my recommenders to generate a specific letter, if you all think specific letters are better--I do not already have one)?
Its probably not worth the trouble, unless your letter writer is familiar with that school. Or a school is your top choice. Some schools, such as Stanford, are rumored to give more weight to targeted letters. For the most part they aren't too significant though, and a generic letter is fine.

katie96

New

Post by katie96 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Knockglock wrote:
katie96 wrote:Do ad comms prefer specified LORs for their school, or will it not make a difference if I label all of my LORs "for all law schools" on LSAC (assuming I would have to ask one of my recommenders to generate a specific letter, if you all think specific letters are better--I do not already have one)?
Its probably not worth the trouble, unless your letter writer is familiar with that school. Or a school is your top choice. Some schools, such as Stanford, are rumored to give more weight to targeted letters. For the most part they aren't too significant though, and a generic letter is fine.
Thanks!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:51 pm

katie96 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
Thanks!
No problem, glad to be of help. Feel free to send me a pm at any time if you have any more questions.

katie96

New

Post by katie96 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:53 pm

Knockglock wrote:
katie96 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
Thanks!
No problem, glad to be of help. Feel free to send me a pm at any time if you have any more questions.
Will do. Are you a 1L, or applying this cycle?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Applying this cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”