does updating your resume delay review of you application?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
re-applicant

does updating your resume delay review of you application?

Postby re-applicant » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm almost ready to submit some of my applications, but I'm also about 75% sure that I'll be starting two new jobs next week (I won't find out until next week). I don't want to wait that long to submit, so if I send an update resume later, will it delay my applications at all?

Knock

Re: does updating your resume delay review of you application?

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:19 pm

re-applicant wrote:I'm almost ready to submit some of my applications, but I'm also about 75% sure that I'll be starting two new jobs next week (I won't find out until next week). I don't want to wait that long to submit, so if I send an update resume later, will it delay my applications at all?

Just apply now and update your resume later. It won't delay your application -- and even if it did, remember we're talking about the 2nd week in September...that is still very, very early in the cycle, and won't hurt you in the slightest. Although i'm not sure how big of a pain it is to update your resume, I haven't submitted yet. If it's a pain in the ass i'd just wait one week.

scruffs mcguff

Postby scruffs mcguff » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:22 pm

I say just wait a week or two. Like Knock said, it will still be September which is very early.

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:45 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:I say just wait a week or two. Like Knock said, it will still be September which is very early.

+1

An admit won't become a WL because you transmitted two weeks from now instead of today. I expect I will forget to delete this post in 1.5 months or so when it is no longer true.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”