Michigan with 1 LOR?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sentry

Michigan with 1 LOR?

Postby Sentry » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:28 pm

So I noticed Michigan only requires one LOR. I have 1 academic LOR on file and have 2 more that hopefully will be coming in the next 1-2 weeks. I've finished my Why Michigan and so I'm wondering if I should submit now or wait for the other LORs? What do you think?

Knock

Re: Michigan with 1 LOR?

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Sentry wrote:So I noticed Michigan only requires one LOR. I have 1 academic LOR on file and have 2 more that hopefully will be coming in the next 1-2 weeks. I've finished my Why Michigan and so I'm wondering if I should submit now or wait for the other LORs? What do you think?

It doesn't really matter. I'd personally submit and update when the new ones come in, but there's no wrong decision. Applying Sept 2nd vs. Sept 15th is pretty negligible.

Sentry

Postby Sentry » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm going to follow your advice because you seem very wise KG.

vicuna

Postby vicuna » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Michigan doesn't begin reading applications until mid-October, but they do so in order of when the applications went complete. So, as long as the rest of your LORs arrive by October, it seems that submitting with the one letter would be to your (albeit slight) advantage.

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Sentry wrote:I have 1 academic LOR on file and have 2 more that hopefully will be coming in the next 1-2 weeks.

I would just keep in mind that, while 1-2 weeks sounds like a concrete timeframe, it's surprisingly fluid when you're dealing with recommenders and LSAC.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Knockglock wrote:
Sentry wrote:So I noticed Michigan only requires one LOR. I have 1 academic LOR on file and have 2 more that hopefully will be coming in the next 1-2 weeks. I've finished my Why Michigan and so I'm wondering if I should submit now or wait for the other LORs? What do you think?

It doesn't really matter. I'd personally submit and update when the new ones come in, but there's no wrong decision. Applying Sept 2nd vs. Sept 15th is pretty negligible.

This

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”