School Specific LOR Forms

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsat_180

School Specific LOR Forms

Postby lsat_180 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:50 am

I didn't know any schools had school specific LOR forms until checking out Stanford's application now (so apparently form c should be submitted with the lor?). Does anyone know what other top 14ish law schools have this option even (I thought it was all streamlined through LSAC).

Knock

Re: School Specific LOR Forms

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 pm

lsat_180 wrote:I didn't know any schools had school specific LOR forms until checking out Stanford's application now (so apparently form c should be submitted with the lor?). Does anyone know what other top 14ish law schools have this option even (I thought it was all streamlined through LSAC).

I think it's pretty much just Stanford that is known, whether correctly or not i'm not sure, for liking school-specific LORs, and that have their own little evaluation form (Form C).

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Knockglock wrote:
lsat_180 wrote:I didn't know any schools had school specific LOR forms until checking out Stanford's application now (so apparently form c should be submitted with the lor?). Does anyone know what other top 14ish law schools have this option even (I thought it was all streamlined through LSAC).

I think it's pretty much just Stanford that is known, whether correctly or not i'm not sure, for liking school-specific LORs, and that have their own little evaluation form (Form C).

Dean Faye has said that Stanford particularly values school-specific LORs if the recommender can comment on the applicant's ability to succeed at a top law school, and back that up by comparing the applicant favorably to other students who may have attended top law schools. It probably makes no difference to simply make a passing mention of Stanford.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:40 pm

im_blue wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Dean Faye has said that Stanford particularly values school-specific LORs if the recommender can comment on the applicant's ability to succeed at a top law school, and back that up by comparing the applicant favorably to other students who may have attended top law schools. It probably makes no difference to simply make a passing mention of Stanford.

Hmmm, thanks im_blue! Appreciate that. Unfortunately my school doesn't ever produce top law school candidates. I think last year we had 1 guy go to Columbia, and besides that absolutely nothing. And definitely no one in my major is heading to a top law school. So it will be hard for my recommender to compare me to other top law school students :s.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”