electronic signatures Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
7ED

Bronze

electronic signatures

Post by 7ED » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:56 am

Hi, im wondering how we are supposed to sign the signature boxes of the law school application forms.. since they are submitted electronically?

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Re: electronic signatures

Post by D. H2Oman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:59 am

Sign the screen with a sharpie, the new LSAC site can sense and record the motion.

GettingReady2010

Bronze

Post by GettingReady2010 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:00 am

Wondering how this works too.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:20 am

7ED wrote:Hi, im wondering how we are supposed to sign the signature boxes of the law school application forms.. since they are submitted electronically?
Can you just type in your name? I know when i've had to sign stuff online before that's what I did, haven't finished any apps yet though.

zworykin

Bronze

Post by zworykin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:35 am

Many of them don't even have a box to type your name, just a spot for the date. If you can put your name, do so; if you can only put the date, then just put that. The act of logging into your account and then dating and submitting the application will serve as your electronic signature.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:38 am

Hmm, act of doing all that might indeed be considered a signature, but one part from the 203 Blog of Yale confuses me; it was something like Michael Phelps applying or some other celebrity, and Asha was talking about she would add the electronic signature to her autograph collection. So there seems to be something more tangible, but I do not know how.

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:58 am

nullisecundus wrote:Hmm, act of doing all that might indeed be considered a signature, but one part from the 203 Blog of Yale confuses me; it was something like Michael Phelps applying or some other celebrity, and Asha was talking about she would add the electronic signature to her autograph collection. So there seems to be something more tangible, but I do not know how.
wat?

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:43 am

scruffs mcguff wrote:
nullisecundus wrote:Hmm, act of doing all that might indeed be considered a signature, but one part from the 203 Blog of Yale confuses me; it was something like Michael Phelps applying or some other celebrity, and Asha was talking about she would add the electronic signature to her autograph collection. So there seems to be something more tangible, but I do not know how.
wat?
She wrote about what she would do in the hypothetical situation of a celebrity applying to Yale.

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:48 am

nullisecundus wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:
wat?
She wrote about what she would do in the hypothetical situation of a celebrity applying to Yale.
What LSAT would Michael Phelps need to get into Yale? I'm thinking a 156.

zworykin

Bronze

Post by zworykin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Yes, Asha likes to joke.

Anyhow:
http://www.lsac.org/JD/Help/faqs-eapps.asp#elec-sig wrote:What are electronic signatures and certification letters?

Electronic signatures are a certification by you that may be used in lieu of a written signature. By taking some action, such as clicking a button or typing your name, you are electronically certifying a document you would physically sign if it were on paper. Some schools will not accept electronic signatures; these schools use certification letters that you must print out and sign physically. Once you click Continue after previewing the application, the options and requirements for that school will appear on the following screen. Make your selections from the available options. There will be a link to the certification letter only if one is required for that school. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your application transmission process.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”