Academic Summary Report Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RTFM

Academic Summary Report Question

Postby RTFM » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:54 pm

Sorry if this is super nit-picky... but under "transcript notes" on my Academic Report Summary, LSAC listed "academic honors" but did not list an award I won and an honor society I was part of (these are both listed on my actual transcript). Is this something worth calling them about, or do they just not list that kind of stuff even if it's on the transcript? Thanks!

2011Cycle

Re: Academic Summary Report Question

Postby 2011Cycle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Most likely, "Honors" denotes dean's list

St.Remy

Re: Academic Summary Report Question

Postby St.Remy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:05 am

RTFM wrote:Sorry if this is super nit-picky... but under "transcript notes" on my Academic Report Summary, LSAC listed "academic honors" but did not list an award I won and an honor society I was part of (these are both listed on my actual transcript). Is this something worth calling them about, or do they just not list that kind of stuff even if it's on the transcript? Thanks!

Law schools won't care any more about your academic honors if they are listed by LSAC than if they are listed on your resume, so even if LSAC could put everything you've accomplished on your academic report summary it wouldn't be worth the call. Just send an up-to-date resume with each app, which you should be planning to do anyway.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”