Submitting app on LSAC Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
apple430

New

Submitting app on LSAC

Post by apple430 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:32 am

I have a question question - I have all my app material ready except one professor has yet to send in my LOR. Can you click submit on your application before the LOR is received or do you have to wait until all 2 LORs are in LSAC files before you can submit?

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: Submitting app on LSAC

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:40 am

Depends on the school requirements, I believe. If they require two LOR's and you only have one, I think you can't submit. (This is from what I've heard, not first hand experience btw.)

What's the harm of trying it out? Worst case it goes to the school who holds it until the 2nd LOR goes in. Let us know!

Bulls

New

Post by Bulls » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:45 am

You can submit, just make sure that you have that LOR marked to send to that particular school. As soon as it comes in to LSAC they will send it to the school and the school will update your file.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:04 am

I'm not sure how the backend of this works, but it sounds like they send in your file and then send the updated letter when they receive it. If this is the case I would just wait. I used to work in an admissions office (PhD program, not LS) and, as the one who put together the files, hated it when people sent in an incomplete file. So frustrating. And the adcomm never looked at it until it was complete anyway. Again, not sure if that's the case but something to think about :)

St.Remy

Silver

Post by St.Remy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:05 am

You can submit, but it's my understanding that no one in the admissions office will look at a file that isn't yet complete. Why would they bother to read a file if they're just going to have to reread it when the second LOR comes in? (unless they have a eidetic memory or something, which I would guess is a rare trait for a person working admissions). So if you send the app now and send the LOR when it is ready or if you send the completed app later it won't matter: it will get read the same time either way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”