LOR from a Lecturer? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
conroyc

New

LOR from a Lecturer?

Post by conroyc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi all,
I had a quick question regarding LOR's. As I am still in undergrad, I requested a LOR from a professor that I had last quarter and found out that she is not a tenured professor, but was hired as a lecturer to teach that specific class. She has outstanding credentials (a Ph.D. and a JD), but I was wondering if a lecturer would adversely affect the credibility of my LOR? I will have 2 other LOR from undergrad professors who are tenured. Just wanted to see what your personal experience/opinion is regarding this matter. Thanks so much!

kazu

Gold

Re: LOR from a Lecturer?

Post by kazu » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 pm

conroyc wrote:Hi all,
I had a quick question regarding LOR's. As I am still in undergrad, I requested a LOR from a professor that I had last quarter and found out that she is not a tenured professor, but was hired as a lecturer to teach that specific class. She has outstanding credentials (a Ph.D. and a JD), but I was wondering if a lecturer would adversely affect the credibility of my LOR? I will have 2 other LOR from undergrad professors who are tenured. Just wanted to see what your personal experience/opinion is regarding this matter. Thanks so much!
Won't matter, as long as she knows you well to write you a detailed LOR. Law schools don't care about tenure/no tenure/outside lecturer, etc they just want to know what that person has to say about your academic strengths.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 pm

kazu's right, but in case you wanted a second opinion: That is totally fine. It's the content of the letter that matters, not the title of the person who wrote it.

Unless that title is "Mom."

In which case -> not okay.

;)

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 pm

eskimo wrote: Unless that title is "Mom."

;)
:mrgreen: <3

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”