LOR Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whymeohgodno

Gold

LOR Question

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm currently a history and political science major.

I have all the requirements done for political science and I only need to take the history class where you write your thesis to complete my history major.

I was thinking about asking one of my former history professors and one of my political science professors.

I was wondering if I told them I am a history/political science major, but I ended up dropping history as a major (because I don't want to write my thesis), would it end up looking bad? And would I be able to use these recommendations again for application in another cycle if I end up applying again (even though they might mention I'm a history/political science major in the LOR when I ended up dropping history as a major)?

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Re: LOR Question

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:52 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:I'm currently a history and political science major.

I have all the requirements done for political science and I only need to take the history class where you write your thesis to complete my history major.

I was thinking about asking one of my former history professors and one of my political science professors.

I was wondering if I told them I am a history/political science major, but I ended up dropping history as a major (because I don't want to write my thesis), would it end up looking bad? And would I be able to use these recommendations again for application in another cycle if I end up applying again (even though they might mention I'm a history/political science major in the LOR when I ended up dropping history as a major)?
Are we talking about lying to your profs or lsac or just in your lors?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:

Not lying. My major right now is history/political science, but I may end up dropping history in my last semester of senior year (which is after my law school applications go out).

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:53 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:

Not lying. My major right now is history/political science, but I may end up dropping history in my last semester of senior year (which is after my law school applications go out).
Just explain it to them, lots of people drop the double major- I did. :D I don't think they will care, unless of course they want you to become an academic and they don't want to write lors for ls anyway. If you are really worried, don't start the thesis and then ask your thesis advisor to write it.
hth.

charmin519

New

Post by charmin519 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 pm

I thought I'd try to high jack your post since you didn't have a problem coming to mine and giving your opinion about something that was irrelevant to the questioned asked. This site is about being helpful. You made an assumption based on NOTHING.

O and....you shouldn't worry about it. If used again just explain the slight discrepancy. You probably don't have to do this but being straight forward on something completely irrelevant is wise.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”