GPA question... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pattymac

Bronze

GPA question...

Post by pattymac » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:28 am

So last night I found out I am done UG. I'm an international student, studying sociology/criminology.

Anyways, when its all said and done my average is going to be like a 2.67 but my LSDAS average will be less because of two retakes that were D- and F. Now, I have an "honors" degree in crim, although I'm not sure how that would translate to the American system where honors implies that you're on the Dean's List, correct? I know that criminology isn't the most pretisgous degree in the States (although, believe it or not, at my UG its absolutely venerated), I could switch to soc but it might cost me my "honors". Would it be in my best interest to leave it as is an graduate from crim? Or switch to soc?

I know this is a pretty nitpicky question and my GPA stinks anyways, but I am looking to bolster my app as much as possible. Thanks guys!

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Re: GPA question...

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:39 am

It is my understanding that Law schools dont care much about what major the degree is in, so I would leave it as is...

2011Law

Silver

Re: GPA question...

Post by 2011Law » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:49 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:It is my understanding that Law schools dont care much about what major the degree is in, so I would leave it as is...
This.

I hope you understand you will likely not get in to t1-t2 with that gpa, and what the consequences of that are (not that it's t1 or nothing, but job prospects are significantly reduced).

Good luck.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”