Letter of recommendation?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Classygal87

Letter of recommendation?

Postby Classygal87 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:22 pm

I always thought I wanted to go into corporate law so I worked a internship this summer for about 2 months with a corporate lawyer (I just got lucky to get it). I absolutely loved my experience and what he did. I think they were impressed. They offered to write any letters of recommendation needed and said they would be happy to serve as a reference.

My question is do you think getting a recommendation letter from them would strengthen my application? I already have 3 great profs. writing recommendations.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2ofspades

Re: Letter of recommendation?

Postby 2ofspades » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Classygal87 wrote:do you think getting a recommendation letter from them would strengthen my application?

Yes. Your professors will most likely be saying similar things about you because they have all known you in the same context. If you are sending an LOR beyond any required number of academic LORs, it can be helpful to include an LOR from someone who knows you in a different context - so long as that person is a professional to whom you have reported. It adds perspective and dimension to your application. Other factors aside, I would send two prof LORs and one from the you lawyer you interned for.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”