Additional LORs after application is sent???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
acw061000

Additional LORs after application is sent???

Postby acw061000 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi all -

I was just wondering,

I am working at a law firm and have been for the past 3 weeks. My internship has about a month left. What I was wondering is - I'm trying to get my applications in basically the day or so that they open up, meaning I'm going to start sending out applications this week. My boss told me he'd give me a LOR already and seems to like me, so I'm wondering whether I should ask him for it now so that it can fit my schedule, or wait for the end of the internship so that he'd know me better, be able to write a more personal LOR, etc.

And if I ask him to write it in a month, can I add that to applications that I've already sent out?

Any advice?!? Will definitely reciprocate.

Thanks kindly,
Me

Knock

Re: Additional LORs after application is sent???

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:56 am

acw061000 wrote:Hi all -

I was just wondering,

I am working at a law firm and have been for the past 3 weeks. My internship has about a month left. What I was wondering is - I'm trying to get my applications in basically the day or so that they open up, meaning I'm going to start sending out applications this week. My boss told me he'd give me a LOR already and seems to like me, so I'm wondering whether I should ask him for it now so that it can fit my schedule, or wait for the end of the internship so that he'd know me better, be able to write a more personal LOR, etc.

And if I ask him to write it in a month, can I add that to applications that I've already sent out?

Any advice?!? Will definitely reciprocate.

Thanks kindly,
Me

Yes you can. In fact, many people recommend keeping an additional LOR to send to the schools in case of a waitlist to help get you off it.

acw061000

Re: Additional LORs after application is sent???

Postby acw061000 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:48 am

Awesome! That's a great idea. Thanks for your help!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”