Where else should I apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SHANbangs
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 am

Where else should I apply?

Postby SHANbangs » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:53 am

Can someone tell me how far up the t-14 I should try, just for the sake of it? My stats are 3.35, 169. Also, what schools not in the t-14 and not on my present list should I apply? I'm looking for best chances at big law, or best placing schools regionally. Here's my list so far:

ED Georgetown PT
EA Cornell
GW
BU
BC
UIUC
Minnesota (can't ever get the spelling right)
William and Mary

User avatar
nealric
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby nealric » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 am

Where are you from / where do you want to live post grad?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby Grizz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:59 am

nealric wrote:Where are you from / where do you want to live post grad?

SHANbangs
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 am

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby SHANbangs » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:06 am

I'm from Toronto, Canada, but my family is in Baltimore. Ideally, I'd like to live/work in the D.C./VA/MD area. However, other big cities like Boston, NY, Chicago are fine. But in general, having lived all across north america my entire life, I don't really have a preference. Just not somewhere like... Cleveland (sorry cavs fans).

313D313
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby 313D313 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:11 am

if you don't mind the midwest, indiana and ohio state..

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:15 am

OP: Does your posted GPA include your "D+" in calculus ? If not, then it needs to be included for US law schools.

What type of "technicality" ? Did Toronto allow you to retake calculus, or did Toronto allow you to withdraw, or ?

Consider applying to Iowa as your LSAT may earn you a significant scholarship.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

SHANbangs
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 am

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby SHANbangs » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 am

thanks to a technicality between LSAC and U of T, the GPA does not need to include the D+.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby Grizz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:18 am

I wouldn't ED GULC PT if I were you. Not worth the debt.

SHANbangs
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 am

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby SHANbangs » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 am

I'm okay with the money because I saved a bundle on car insurance.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:57 am

SHANbangs wrote:I'm from Toronto, Canada, but my family is in Baltimore. Ideally, I'd like to live/work in the D.C./VA/MD area. However, other big cities like Boston, NY, Chicago are fine. But in general, having lived all across north america my entire life, I don't really have a preference. Just not somewhere like... Cleveland (sorry cavs fans).

If I were you, I'd ED to Michigan (assuming they still have a 169 LSAT median). Other than that, I'd maybe add Washington & Lee (if you're already applying to William & Mary) for DC/VA and Fordham for New York. Maybe Notre Dame, I think they used to place decently in Chicago, not sure if that's true or not these days. Good list, otherwise.

SHANbangs
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 am

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby SHANbangs » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanks for the help guys! What do people think of WUSTL? What's St. Louis/Missouri like?

User avatar
2ofspades
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Where else should I apply?

Postby 2ofspades » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:49 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
SHANbangs wrote:I'm from Toronto, Canada, but my family is in Baltimore. Ideally, I'd like to live/work in the D.C./VA/MD area. However, other big cities like Boston, NY, Chicago are fine. But in general, having lived all across north america my entire life, I don't really have a preference. Just not somewhere like... Cleveland (sorry cavs fans).

If I were you, I'd ED to Michigan (assuming they still have a 169 LSAT median). Other than that, I'd maybe add Washington & Lee (if you're already applying to William & Mary) for DC/VA and Fordham for New York. Maybe Notre Dame, I think they used to place decently in Chicago, not sure if that's true or not these days. Good list, otherwise.

Couldn't agree more.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests