Northwestern?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Hitbyabus21

Northwestern?

Postby Hitbyabus21 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Quick info:
NC RESIDENT
Double major undergraduate degree at UNC-Chapel Hill - Economics and Psychology (3.43 GPA)
Masters in Accounting degree at UNC-Chapel Hill
Work Experience: 1 year at Big Four Public Accounting Firm
CPA License
LSAT: 163
GMAT: 710

I read on this forum that a GMAT score helps for Northwestern (some 2 year program?) What are they talking about and why would the GMAT help? If it does, do you think I have a shot? Thanks.

sophia.olive

Re: Northwestern?

Postby sophia.olive » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:43 pm

I dont think you have a shot but it is worth a try. The numbers are too low regardless. ED will give a chance. Can you retake the lsat.

Hitbyabus21

Postby Hitbyabus21 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:46 pm

sophia.olive wrote:I dont think you have a shot but it is worth a try. The numbers are too low regardless. ED will give a chance. Can you retake the lsat.

haha no I wasn't going to waste my money applying or anything. I was just curious as to why someone was talking about the GMAT regarding Northwestern's applications. If it helps, then maybe - I have a pretty solid GMAT. But anyway, thanks.

ncct07

Postby ncct07 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:51 pm

I think JD/MBA requires GMAT vs. LSAT, but I'm not sure - check their website

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:52 pm

use lawschoolcalculator.com or lawschoolpredictor.com

shoop

Postby shoop » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Hitbyabus21 wrote:Quick info:
NC RESIDENT
Double major undergraduate degree at UNC-Chapel Hill - Economics and Psychology (3.43 GPA)
Masters in Accounting degree at UNC-Chapel Hill
Work Experience: 1 year at Big Four Public Accounting Firm
CPA License
LSAT: 163
GMAT: 710

I read on this forum that a GMAT score helps for Northwestern (some 2 year program?) What are they talking about and why would the GMAT help? If it does, do you think I have a shot? Thanks.

Northwestern DOES have an admissions website, you know. LMGTFY.

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/academics/ajd/admissions.html

They accept either the LSAT or GMAT for the 2-year JD program because a good number of the candidates for that program are already MBAs. You are below the medians for LSAT (by a lot), GMAT, and GPA, so you have a better shot with a regular 3-year JD at Northwestern, though I'm not sure a single year out of school is enough to whet NU's voracious appetite for work experience. Just make sure you're a little bit more informed about the school before you do the alumni interview, dude.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”