Another addendum question...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lfrank

Another addendum question...

Postby lfrank » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm

I wasn't worried about my GPA in college, but almost 15 years later as I apply to law school, it's basically become the bane of my existence (3.2 adjusted). It says nothing about my abilities, drive, or potential as a student at this point in my life. Is it appropriate to write an addendum in this case, or will that just draw negative attention to the issue and make me seem like a whiner? Thanks for listening, folks.

jackalope11

Re: Another addendum question...

Postby jackalope11 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:23 pm

As someone in almost the exact same situation (literally almost the EXACT same situation) I would advise to write the addendum...

Written well, it will be another opportunity to highlight why the school should take you as a candidate, and what you've done in the intervening years that would make you a good candidate.

However, I would also warn against getting your hopes up too high... Although I tend to skew against the "it's ALL about the numbers" arguments, I would still say that it's MOSTLY about the numbers. The good news is, I can tell you from personal experience that you can still be accepted with $$ to a T1 institution...

Good luck!!! (And no, you won't necessarily sound like a whiner... the LSDAS is a cruel mistress for many of us. :D )

lfrank

Re: Another addendum question...

Postby lfrank » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks! That's good to hear.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”