Transcript Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pu_golf88

Transcript Question

Postby pu_golf88 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 pm

First off, I know I should probably call LSAC for a definite answer, but I'm hoping someone from TLS has been in the same situation and knows the answer. For the past two summers I took courses at a regional campus of the school I go to and the letter grades transferred. I originally thought I'd need transcripts from both schools, but when I go the the regional campus's transcript request form it tells me it's an official transcript from XXX University; the same university I have always been a student at, just at the main campus. Do I still need both transcripts?

I figure it couldn't hurt, but some of my grades from the main campus show (not all) and I don't want to have an artificially lower GPA because some courses get counted twice and I also got a 4.0 at the regional campus.

xyzzzzzzzz

Re: Transcript Question

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:09 pm

You need to report all classes you took. If your grades from state university campus y and state university campus z are on one transcript-great. If not, you have to get both transcripts. LSAC counts repeated grades- so yea you are screwed there. hth

pu_golf88

Postby pu_golf88 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:11 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:You need to report all classes you took. If your grades from state university campus y and state university campus z are on one transcript-great. If not, you have to get both transcripts. LSAC counts repeated grades- so yea you are screwed there. hth

Well it's not that I repeated the course, it's that it shows up on each schools transcript.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:13 pm

pu_golf88 wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:You need to report all classes you took. If your grades from state university campus y and state university campus z are on one transcript-great. If not, you have to get both transcripts. LSAC counts repeated grades- so yea you are screwed there. hth

Well it's not that I repeated the course, it's that it shows up on each schools transcript.

I don't think it will be a problem unless you actually took the class twice at two different campuses.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:36 pm

I have experience in this situation. I attend a campus of the University of California. (my s/n gives it away). I took classes during the summer at another UC campus, and those units/grades appear on my home school transcript. I sent in my transcript to LSAC and I got hit with an "unacknowledged school" alert-referencing the other UC I attended. They required me to send in both transcripts before my report could be processed. Case in point=when dealing with LSAC, send in EVERY transcript available.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”