Outstanding financial obligation? Huh? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
christinalsat

Bronze

Outstanding financial obligation? Huh?

Post by christinalsat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Under my transcript status for my degree granting institution, LSAC says:

Transcript received: No - Financial obligation

I'm confused though. I'm still paying off loans, but I think my financial obligation is to my lender, not my college. I checked my university account and it said there is no hold on my transcripts. I'm thinking I may have accidentally checked the box when I signed up thinking that it applied to me and my student loans. However, now I can't change it back. Is it possible that they pulled this information? If so, I better double check with my bursar office.

However, I'm pretty sure my payments to my university are covered. They're pretty good about reminding people about that. So, as long as my university sends the transcript, it will go through, right?

gdane

Diamond

Re: Outstanding financial obligation? Huh?

Post by gdane » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:17 pm

This is a complicated issue. I would check with your school.

Although, at my undergrad most people that received financial aid had holds/outstanding financial obligations for the first week or two of classes. I think it had something to do with the money not being disbursed until after the add/drop period so technically the classes one was taking werent paid for. Hence the outstanding financial obligation.

Id call and ask your school whats going on, but maybe this will resolve itself by next week.

Good luck!

christinalsat

Bronze

Re: Outstanding financial obligation? Huh?

Post by christinalsat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:29 pm

I graduated four years ago, so that's probably not the case...

Thanks though!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”