LSAC academic summary question...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rsd16

LSAC academic summary question...

Postby rsd16 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:10 pm

I finished turning in all of my transcripts and was surprised at how much lower my cumulative GPA was than I originally expected it to be. The reason it's so low is because the academic summary report includes a prerequisite elementary geometry course I took at a community college in which I got a C. I never even needed to take this, as I never took the advanced course it was the prereq for.

I called LSAC and they said that every college course I ever took is included on the report. This class (and another low level course my degree granting school didn't take into consideration when I transferred) has lowered my GPA by almost .3 and I'm pretty worried about this whole thing. Will law schools include this in my final GPA they take into account?

Thanks in advance.

acrossthelake

Re: LSAC academic summary question...

Postby acrossthelake » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:18 pm

rsd16 wrote:I finished turning in all of my transcripts and was surprised at how much lower my cumulative GPA was than I originally expected it to be. The reason it's so low is because the academic summary report includes a prerequisite elementary geometry course I took at a community college in which I got a C. I never even needed to take this, as I never took the advanced course it was the prereq for.

I called LSAC and they said that every college course I ever took is included on the report. This class (and another low level course my degree granting school didn't take into consideration when I transferred) has lowered my GPA by almost .3 and I'm pretty worried about this whole thing. Will law schools include this in my final GPA they take into account?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. It sucks, but how it works.

/thread.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Law schools will look at your LSAC GPA

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Two classes lowered your GPA by .3? Wow, that's rough.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:23 pm

rsd16 wrote:The reason it's so low is because the academic summary report includes a prerequisite elementary geometry course I took at a community college in which I got a C.

Wait - one C lowered your GPA by .3??? How is that possible? Do you not have many credit hours or something?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”