Advice on my list of schools

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Advice on my list of schools

Postby bostonlawchick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:16 am

I'm just looking for some input on the list of schools I'm applying to.

171, 3.29 (retaking in October and will have 18 more credits of b+ or better grades in December)
No softs to speak of, I work pretty much full time in retail to pay for school.

Right now I'm applying to

BC
BU
NYU (only if I kill the LSAT in Oct)
Michigan
UVA
Gtown
Cornell
WUSTL

I don't want to go any further west than WUSTL, my fiance wants to stay close to family.

Am I aiming too high? Any other schools I should consider?

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: Advice on my list of schools

Postby danquayle » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:19 am

bostonlawchick wrote:I'm just looking for some input on the list of schools I'm applying to.

171, 3.29 (retaking in October and will have 18 more credits of b+ or better grades in December)
No softs to speak of, I work pretty much full time in retail to pay for school.

Right now I'm applying to

BC
BU
NYU (only if I kill the LSAT in Oct)
Michigan
UVA
Gtown
Cornell
WUSTL

I don't want to go any further west than WUSTL, my fiance wants to stay close to family.

Am I aiming too high? Any other schools I should consider?


I'd actually apply to a few more reaches. I think you're in at BC, BU and WUSTL for sure.

User avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Advice on my list of schools

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:29 am

Add GW since it seems you're looking to stay close to the East Coast.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Advice on my list of schools

Postby beachbum » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:35 am

Seems like a good list. I'm 170/3.4 and this is pretty much what mine looks like (plus a few west coast schools). If you'd consider Vandy, I think they'd also be worth an app.

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Advice on my list of schools

Postby bostonlawchick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks guys, I'll definitely take a look at GW and Vandy. I might also consider Duke and Penn.

User avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Advice on my list of schools

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:18 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Thanks guys, I'll definitely take a look at GW and Vandy. I might also consider Duke and Penn.


IMHO, add those 4 and you've got a very solid list. Best of luck to you.

czelede
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Advice on my list of schools

Postby czelede » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:Thanks guys, I'll definitely take a look at GW and Vandy. I might also consider Duke and Penn.


IMHO, add those 4 and you've got a very solid list. Best of luck to you.


Duke is not splitter friendly at all, but an ED to Penn might get them to bite.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], lawcapture, UVA2B and 11 guests