Personal Statement Review Service

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dedication86

Personal Statement Review Service

Postby Dedication86 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences with Essay Edge for their PS. I know there is a post on here about them already but it is from 2008/09 so I was wondering if anyone had any updated experiences.

If not through Essay Edge, any other services recommended? I have a lot of intangibles that really make my Personal Statement pop, I just want it reviewed by a professional!

Thanks in advance!

kalvano

Re: Personal Statement Review Service

Postby kalvano » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:15 pm

I used Revision Editing and Northwest Essay and was very pleased with both.

Dedication86

Postby Dedication86 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:27 pm

has anyone else had experience with Revision law or Northwest? I really need this personal statement to pop! :D

GettingReady2010

Postby GettingReady2010 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:03 pm

kalvano wrote:I used Revision Editing and Northwest Essay and was very pleased with both.

How much did each cost you? What exactly do they edit for? Content? Punctuation?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:16 pm

GettingReady2010 wrote:
kalvano wrote:I used Revision Editing and Northwest Essay and was very pleased with both.

How much did each cost you? What exactly do they edit for? Content? Punctuation?

Revision wasn't as much they charge now. I can't remember exactly, about $150 or so. But she is excellent, and walks you through stuff, and will do a couple of drafts.

Northwest is, like they say, $15. It's pretty basic, nowhere near as precise as Revision. It's more a general overview.

I was pleased with both, and liked using both in conjunction.

GettingReady2010

Postby GettingReady2010 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:19 pm

kalvano wrote:
GettingReady2010 wrote:

Revision wasn't as much they charge now. I can't remember exactly, about $150 or so. But she is excellent, and walks you through stuff, and will do a couple of drafts.

Northwest is, like they say, $15. It's pretty basic, nowhere near as precise as Revision. It's more a general overview.

I was pleased with both, and liked using both in conjunction.

Does revision actually use people with a PhD in English or anything? I'm wondering if it's even worth it if I can just give it to one of my professors.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Yes. Joann at Revision went Stanford and all kinds of stuff.

I was an English major, and she is very, very good.

Fender2210

Postby Fender2210 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:30 pm

I won a free edit from Gradvocates on twitter and they gave some great suggestion for me. No complaints (I also didnt pay anything for it).

Otherwise, if you don't mind selling a kidney to afford it, check out Essay Edge.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”