Speeding Tix Addendum - Is this Okay???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
03121202698008

Gold
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Speeding Tix Addendum - Is this Okay???

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:45 am

GMVarun wrote:
blowhard wrote:I think Michigan is the only one that asked about them...


I'm pretty sure Michigan does not require you to list minor traffic offenses. Here's what last year's app says:

Michigan Application wrote:Have you ever been convicted of a crime, including misdemeanors and infractions, but excluding minor traffic violations, or are such criminal charges pending or expected to be brought against you?


I got scared there for a second so I went back and looked it up haha. This is last year's though


haha, fair enough. I looked at my submitted apps and you are correct. Not sure why I thought Michigan was the one I submitted the addendum to.

User avatar
Deuce

Silver
Posts: 1047
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Speeding Tix Addendum - Is this Okay???

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:01 am

Don't most apps. specifically say except minor traffic? Also, how the hell do you even look up your driving history? I've had 4 tickets, all expunged through traffic school. Don't know exactly what each was though... I think there was a rolling through stop sign but I don't remember. Haven't owned a car in years.

03121202698008

Gold
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Speeding Tix Addendum - Is this Okay???

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:26 am

Ildeuce wrote:Don't most apps. specifically say except minor traffic? Also, how the hell do you even look up your driving history? I've had 4 tickets, all expunged through traffic school. Don't know exactly what each was though... I think there was a rolling through stop sign but I don't remember. Haven't owned a car in years.


Most do, some require you list all tickets. You can get a driving history from the state police in your state usually, or various online sites.

http://www.dmv.org/driving-records.php

User avatar
Deuce

Silver
Posts: 1047
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Speeding Tix Addendum - Is this Okay???

Postby Deuce » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:24 pm

blowhard wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:Don't most apps. specifically say except minor traffic? Also, how the hell do you even look up your driving history? I've had 4 tickets, all expunged through traffic school. Don't know exactly what each was though... I think there was a rolling through stop sign but I don't remember. Haven't owned a car in years.


Most do, some require you list all tickets. You can get a driving history from the state police in your state usually, or various online sites.

http://www.dmv.org/driving-records.php


It was all so awesome until I got to the screen asking me to pay $30, lame.

03121202698008

Gold
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Speeding Tix Addendum - Is this Okay???

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Ildeuce wrote:
blowhard wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:Don't most apps. specifically say except minor traffic? Also, how the hell do you even look up your driving history? I've had 4 tickets, all expunged through traffic school. Don't know exactly what each was though... I think there was a rolling through stop sign but I don't remember. Haven't owned a car in years.


Most do, some require you list all tickets. You can get a driving history from the state police in your state usually, or various online sites.

http://www.dmv.org/driving-records.php


It was all so awesome until I got to the screen asking me to pay $30, lame.


You thought it was going to be free? Getting public records is expensive. They probably pay a few grand per year per county they have access to. Even police departments pay for access to the system.



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests