Earliest you can submit UF application? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Neo

Bronze

Earliest you can submit UF application?

Post by Neo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Does anyone know when the earliest date is that you can submit your application to the University of Florida? I know the application is available to fill out; however, I am unsure when you can actually submit it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Knock

Platinum

Re: Earliest you can submit UF application?

Post by Knock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Neo wrote:Does anyone know when the earliest date is that you can submit your application to the University of Florida? I know the application is available to fill out; however, I am unsure when you can actually submit it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
Please contact our office at 352-273-0890 or toll-free at 877-429-1297, if you have any questions in regards to the application process.

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Knockglock wrote:
Neo wrote:Does anyone know when the earliest date is that you can submit your application to the University of Florida? I know the application is available to fill out; however, I am unsure when you can actually submit it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
Please contact our office at 352-273-0890 or toll-free at 877-429-1297, if you have any questions in regards to the application process.

It's the weekend...thanks for the attempt; but, this is not a helpful response on a weekend as I want to know the date today for planning purposes.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Neo wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

It's the weekend...thanks for the attempt; but, this is not a helpful response on a weekend as I want to know the date today for planning purposes.
Sorry :cry:. I couldn't find anything besides that on the website.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:28 pm

September 7th.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Knockglock wrote:
Neo wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Sorry :cry:. I couldn't find anything besides that on the website.

No worries, thanks for the attempt though. It is appreciated! :D

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:51 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:September 7th.

Thanks! If you don't mind sharing, where did you get that date from?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Neo wrote:

If you go to the application on LSAC and try to submit it by pressing the "continue" button, then a thing pops up that says you can't submit until 9/7/2010.

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:58 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Neo wrote:

If you go to the application on LSAC and try to submit it by pressing the "continue" button, then a thing pops up that says you can't submit until 9/7/2010.

Oh ok perfect, thanks for the info!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Hahaha! Cute thread. Although I'm curious to see what topic you can come up with for a diversity thread. I know what youve been through (as detailed in your GPA addendum thread) and you can incorporate that into your personal statement, but Im just not sure what you can write about for a diversity statement as a white, middle class (?) female from the south.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:37 pm

gdane5 wrote:
Hahaha! Cute thread. Although I'm curious to see what topic you can come up with for a diversity thread. I know what youve been through (as detailed in your GPA addendum thread) and you can incorporate that into your personal statement, but Im just not sure what you can write about for a diversity statement as a white, middle class (?) female from the south. cancer survivor.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Knockglock wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
Hahaha! Cute thread. Although I'm curious to see what topic you can come up with for a diversity thread. I know what youve been through (as detailed in your GPA addendum thread) and you can incorporate that into your personal statement, but Im just not sure what you can write about for a diversity statement as a white, middle class (?) female from the south. cancer survivor.
I know that dillhole, thats why I alluded to her GPA addendum thread because it illustrated this point.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:40 pm

gdane5 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
I know that dillhole, thats why I alluded to her GPA addendum thread because it illustrated this point.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:56 pm

gdane5 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
I must be confused as to what a diversity statement is... or you are.
How does having cancer (mind you, one that is rarely EVER diagnosed in a young adult) at 20 not make me diverse? It surely makes me different from you, and most people applying (if not almost all).

Diversity does not mean race/family income only, silly.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:13 pm

You're 100% right Barbie. Diversity need not apply only to race/socioeconomic experience, but it seems like thats what schools are looking for when you write a diversity statement. Your situation is definitely diverse and I've never gone through it (thank god), so it could work for a diversity statement. Who knows? We'll see. I would go for it. You can write about your experience and how it toughened you up and how, as a law student, you would be a pillar of support for your fellow classmates as others were for you when you were in your situation.

Something like that could work...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:31 pm

gdane5 wrote:You're 100% right Barbie. Diversity need not apply only to race/socioeconomic experience, but it seems like thats what schools are looking for when you write a diversity statement. Your situation is definitely diverse and I've never gone through it (thank god), so it could work for a diversity statement. Who knows? We'll see. I would go for it. You can write about your experience and how it toughened you up and how, as a law student, you would be a pillar of support for your fellow classmates as others were for you when you were in your situation.

I actually called UF and they advised I write about it in my general PS because its important, etc. so I'm not including a DS for UF.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Barbie wrote:
gdane5 wrote:You're 100% right Barbie. Diversity need not apply only to race/socioeconomic experience, but it seems like thats what schools are looking for when you write a diversity statement. Your situation is definitely diverse and I've never gone through it (thank god), so it could work for a diversity statement. Who knows? We'll see. I would go for it. You can write about your experience and how it toughened you up and how, as a law student, you would be a pillar of support for your fellow classmates as others were for you when you were in your situation.

I actually called UF and they advised I write about it in my general PS because its important, etc. so I'm not including a DS for UF.
Thats what I personally believe you should do. Incorporate it into your personal statement. Go through the personal statement section here on TLS. What I've come to understand is that schools want your personal statement, and all statements, to tell them how you'd contribute to their school.

I have lots of ideas already so im excited to get the process rolling! Of course before any of that I have to take care of the Oct. LSAT... :|

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:58 am

gdane5 wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Thats what I personally believe you should do. Incorporate it into your personal statement. Go through the personal statement section here on TLS. What I've come to understand is that schools want your personal statement, and all statements, to tell them how you'd contribute to their school.

I have lots of ideas already so im excited to get the process rolling! Of course before any of that I have to take care of the Oct. LSAT... :|

You haven't taken the LSAT yet? and I'm done with my PS, posted it on here various times during the correction phases. I'm ready tp hit "submit" once my transcripts are updated.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Barbie wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
Barbie wrote:

You haven't taken the LSAT yet? and I'm done with my PS, posted it on here various times during the correction phases. I'm ready tp hit "submit" once my transcripts are updated.
I took the Sept 2009 LSAT. I did terrible, under 160. :shock: I applied last cycle and had suprising and mixed results. Im retaking though because I know I can do better and it seems like I was right. I hope all goes well for you. I know it will.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”