Transcript Request: Request A Copy for Myself?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
angiej

Transcript Request: Request A Copy for Myself?

Postby angiej » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:58 am

I'm about to request my undergrad transcript. Once sent to LSAC will I have the ability to view it on the website, or should I also request a copy for myself so I can double-check to be sure there aren't any errors?

kazu

Re: Transcript Request: Request A Copy for Myself?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 am

angiej wrote:I'm about to request my undergrad transcript. Once sent to LSAC will I have the ability to view it on the website, or should I also request a copy for myself so I can double-check to be sure there aren't any errors?

They show you an "interpreted" version (# of credits per grade etc.), but not a copy of the original. Are you sure you're not able to view it through your UG site?

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:04 am

When I got my transcript an extra copy for myself was just a few dollars more, so why not? I don't think that you can view a .pdf of your UG transcript on the LSAC sight, I know that I didn't see it in the report that they let you see after you've submitted an application.

Dany

Postby Dany » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:06 am

angiej wrote:I'm about to request my undergrad transcript. Once sent to LSAC will I have the ability to view it on the website, or should I also request a copy for myself so I can double-check to be sure there aren't any errors?

I never found out how to view my transcript (I can only find my Academic Summary Report), but I always like to have a current copy of my official transcript, regardless. So I'd get one just to have it if I were you.

angiej

Postby angiej » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:09 am

eskimo wrote:

I never found out how to view my transcript (I can only find my Academic Summary Report), but I always like to have a current copy of my official transcript, regardless. So I'd get one just to have it if I were you.

Yep - I can see the academic summary report with a disclaimer basically stating not to consider it as official or binding.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will request a copy for myself. Woot! I can't believe I've finally made it to this point in my law school pursuits. :D

humphreyjl

Postby humphreyjl » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:13 am

Some schools will give you an unofficial transcript for free. It had been awhile since I had graduated when I started applying. I wasn't even sure of my final GPA. I was able to get a free unofficial transcript to help me get ready for my applications. The free unofficial transcript gave me my GPA and few things that I didn't know (like Dean's list my last two semesters).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”