Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kazu

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 am

slax wrote:People in the lounge arrange meetups in different cities, such as Chicago and NYC. Seems kinda creepy and awkward. I mean if we are the people who spend 40 hours a week studying logical reasoning, I just don't see us as the same people who can meet online friends in a bar and have it go swimmingly.

Yeah.. I'm not in the U.S. currently, so haven't been able to make it to any of the meetings (even if I wanted to.) I might go... later. Maybe. I think I'm an alcoholic - maybe that'll help?

BTW I love how we've managed to entirely off-topic this whole thread :mrgreen:

slax

Postby slax » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 am

kazu wrote:
slax wrote:People in the lounge arrange meetups in different cities, such as Chicago and NYC. Seems kinda creepy and awkward. I mean if we are the people who spend 40 hours a week studying logical reasoning, I just don't see us as the same people who can meet online friends in a bar and have it go swimmingly.

Yeah.. I'm not in the U.S. currently, so haven't been able to make it to any of the meetings (even if I wanted to.) I might go... later. Maybe. I think I'm an alcoholic - maybe that'll help?

BTW I love how we've managed to entirely off-topic this whole thread :mrgreen:

Whoops. I have a 3.9, so I hope no one cares about anything greater. I'd have something greater if my school gave me A+'s for my A+ grades. Bummer dude. See, now I have redeemed us.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:33 pm

slax wrote:
kazu wrote:
slax wrote:I hope you two end up at the same school and then share the real life meeting with all of us online. Thanks

Scary thing is that could actually happen. Our stats are eerily similar.

In the same vein, Knock has about 4 girlfriends/fiances/sugar mommas on here. At least one had better be in class with him.

Hahaha. Knock is such a player.

Also, kazu I had no idea we were similar numbers-ish twins!

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:34 pm

*inconspicuous bump*

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:12 pm

kazu wrote:
slax wrote:
kazu wrote:
slax wrote:I hope you two end up at the same school and then share the real life meeting with all of us online. Thanks

Scary thing is that could actually happen. Our stats are eerily similar.

In the same vein, Knock has about 4 girlfriends/fiances/sugar mommas on here. At least one had better be in class with him.

:oops: That would be so weird... I've never met TLS people in real life, feel like it would be a strange, strange moment.

It would be like admitting to yourself that you are what society refers to as a "loser"

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”