Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby Helicio » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:39 pm

When discerning between applicants, do law schools really care if one dude has a 3.9 and the other has a 3.97 (LSDAS)? It seems like a moot point that high up, and really there are so many factors to take into account.

This is assuming LSAT scores are equal. If law schools do give an advantage to the higher GPA, how many points higher on the LSAT would the 3.9 need to score to equal/surpass the 3.97?

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Its basically considered the same except for HYS. These three have 75ths that are above 3.9 so they're basically the only ones that care

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby Knock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:Its basically considered the same except for HYS. These three have 75ths that are above 3.9 so they're basically the only ones that care


Yep. But best to keep your GPA as high as humanely possible. You never know when you're going to kill the LSAT and want to apply HYS :).

User avatar
Helicio
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby Helicio » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:22 am

Sweet, thanks guys.

GoBroncos22!
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby GoBroncos22! » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:27 am

What about my 2.8? I mean, is there really any difference it and say, a 3.98?

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 am

GoBroncos22! wrote:What about my 2.8? I mean, is there really any difference it and say, a 3.98?


That's either a typo or you're being incredibly sarcastic.

GoBroncos22!
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby GoBroncos22! » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:34 am

....Man I suck at jokes

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:35 am

GoBroncos22! wrote:....Man I suck at jokes


Hahaha TBF my internet sarcasm radar is non-existent. Maybe someone else got it?

bocastudent
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:41 am

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby bocastudent » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:48 am

kazu wrote:
GoBroncos22! wrote:....Man I suck at jokes


Hahaha TBF my internet sarcasm radar is non-existent. Maybe someone else got it?



Wow you've got to be really stupid and uptight not to get that sarcasm. Back to the point of the post, the previous poster is correct. Only HYS would care.

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:01 am

bocastudent wrote:
kazu wrote:
GoBroncos22! wrote:....Man I suck at jokes


Hahaha TBF my internet sarcasm radar is non-existent. Maybe someone else got it?



Wow you've got to be really stupid and uptight not to get that sarcasm. Back to the point of the post, the previous poster is correct. Only HYS would care.


Hey! Lay off my internet fiance and...the font colours.

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby PDaddy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:11 am

Helicio wrote:When discerning between applicants, do law schools really care if one dude has a 3.9 and the other has a 3.97 (LSDAS)? It seems like a moot point that high up, and really there are so many factors to take into account.

This is assuming LSAT scores are equal. If law schools do give an advantage to the higher GPA, how many points higher on the LSAT would the 3.9 need to score to equal/surpass the 3.97?



That's when essays and softs matter...a lot!

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:22 am

acrossthelake wrote:
bocastudent wrote:
kazu wrote:
GoBroncos22! wrote:....Man I suck at jokes


Hahaha TBF my internet sarcasm radar is non-existent. Maybe someone else got it?



Wow you've got to be really stupid and uptight not to get that sarcasm. Back to the point of the post, the previous poster is correct. Only HYS would care.


Hey! Lay off my internet fiance and...the font colours.


Aww... so romantic :oops:

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:50 am

kazu wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
bocastudent wrote:
kazu wrote:
Hahaha TBF my internet sarcasm radar is non-existent. Maybe someone else got it?



Wow you've got to be really stupid and uptight not to get that sarcasm. Back to the point of the post, the previous poster is correct. Only HYS would care.


Hey! Lay off my internet fiance and...the font colours.


Aww... so romantic :oops:


I try, I try.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:51 am

acrossthelake wrote:I try, I try.


Hahaha, so are we going for a long engagement or a short one?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby Nulli Secundus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:57 am

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:00 am

nullisecundus wrote:--ImageRemoved--


Hahahaha yeah that's why I've stayed out of BP... :roll:

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:01 am

kazu wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:I try, I try.


Hahaha, so are we going for a long engagement or a short one?


Depends. Not sure how internet faux marriages work. I usually like to take it slow, your thoughts?

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:07 am

acrossthelake wrote:
kazu wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:I try, I try.


Hahaha, so are we going for a long engagement or a short one?


Depends. Not sure how internet faux marriages work. I usually like to take it slow, your thoughts?


Me too. Slow is good. We can figure things out together :P

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby slax » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 am

acrossthelake wrote:
kazu wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:I try, I try.


Hahaha, so are we going for a long engagement or a short one?


Depends. Not sure how internet faux marriages work. I usually like to take it slow, your thoughts?



I hope you two end up at the same school and then share the real life meeting with all of us online. Thanks

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:31 am

slax wrote:I hope you two end up at the same school and then share the real life meeting with all of us online. Thanks


Scary thing is that could actually happen. Our stats are eerily similar.

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby slax » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:36 am

kazu wrote:
slax wrote:I hope you two end up at the same school and then share the real life meeting with all of us online. Thanks


Scary thing is that could actually happen. Our stats are eerily similar.



In the same vein, Knock has about 4 girlfriends/fiances/sugar mommas on here. At least one had better be in class with him.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby kazu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:43 am

slax wrote:
kazu wrote:
slax wrote:I hope you two end up at the same school and then share the real life meeting with all of us online. Thanks


Scary thing is that could actually happen. Our stats are eerily similar.



In the same vein, Knock has about 4 girlfriends/fiances/sugar mommas on here. At least one had better be in class with him.


:oops: That would be so weird... I've never met TLS people in real life, feel like it would be a strange, strange moment.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby Dany » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:46 am

slax wrote:
kazu wrote:
slax wrote:I hope you two end up at the same school and then share the real life meeting with all of us online. Thanks


Scary thing is that could actually happen. Our stats are eerily similar.



In the same vein, Knock has about 4 girlfriends/fiances/sugar mommas on here. At least one had better be in class with him.

But he only has one alt BFF!

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby slax » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:49 am

kazu wrote:
slax wrote:
kazu wrote:
slax wrote:I hope you two end up at the same school and then share the real life meeting with all of us online. Thanks


Scary thing is that could actually happen. Our stats are eerily similar.



In the same vein, Knock has about 4 girlfriends/fiances/sugar mommas on here. At least one had better be in class with him.


:oops: That would be so weird... I've never met TLS people in real life, feel like it would be a strange, strange moment.



People in the lounge arrange meetups in different cities, such as Chicago and NYC. Seems kinda creepy and awkward. I mean if we are the people who spend 40 hours a week studying logical reasoning, I just don't see us as the same people who can meet online friends in a bar and have it go swimmingly.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Seriously, do law schools care after a 3.9 GPA?

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:53 am

slax wrote:People in the lounge arrange meetups in different cities, such as Chicago and NYC. Seems kinda creepy and awkward. I mean if we are the people who spend 40 hours a week studying logical reasoning, I just don't see us as the same people who can meet online friends in a bar and have it go swimmingly.

Did he just call us all losers?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jjcorvino and 2 guests