Applying to Univ. of Michigan in the Summer--easier?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cr1stina

Applying to Univ. of Michigan in the Summer--easier?

Postby cr1stina » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm not sure if someone else has posted this question but is the applicant pool applying to the University of Michigan for the summer term less competitive?

I imagine if it is it wouldn't be by a lot, but just wanted to see if this is comparable to undergrad summer admissions.

vicuna

Re: Applying to Univ. of Michigan in the Summer--easier?

Postby vicuna » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean.

The ED pool at Michigan, like basically any other school, will be slightly less competitive than the RD pool. If you get in ED, then you are automatically placed into the "Summer Start" program.

On the application, there is a queston about your willingness to do start in the summer for RD applicants as well. I highly doubt that the answer to said question informs your admissions decision, as the vast majority of RD accepted students start in the fall.

wonkymonkey

Postby wonkymonkey » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:54 pm

I asked that question to a U Mich representative at an law school forum and they said summer and fall start are equally difficult to get into. Hope that helps!

wolverine2014

Postby wolverine2014 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 pm

wonkymonkey wrote:I asked that question to a U Mich representative at an law school forum and they said summer and fall start are equally difficult to get into. Hope that helps!

+1
I was told this as well.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”