Law School Forums

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Law School Forums

Postby trudat15 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:58 pm

How helpful are they? I registered for the one in LA on Sept 25 .
I heard you can get a bunch of fee waivers if you go from the different schools. Anyone have any experience doing this? Would it hurt my apps significantly if I turn them in with these waivers on Sept 26 as opposed to 9/1?

Thanks

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Law School Forums

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:02 pm

trudat15 wrote:How helpful are they? I registered for the one in LA on Sept 25 .
I heard you can get a bunch of fee waivers if you go from the different schools. Anyone have any experience doing this? Would it hurt my apps significantly if I turn them in with these waivers on Sept 26 as opposed to 9/1?

Thanks


09/01 vs 09/26 probably won't make or break your application.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Law School Forums

Postby trudat15 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:23 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
trudat15 wrote:How helpful are they? I registered for the one in LA on Sept 25 .
I heard you can get a bunch of fee waivers if you go from the different schools. Anyone have any experience doing this? Would it hurt my apps significantly if I turn them in with these waivers on Sept 26 as opposed to 9/1?

Thanks


09/01 vs 09/26 probably won't make or break your application.


Thanks. Figured as much. More interested in finding out if it's at all helpful and people do get fee waivers from the different schools in attendance.

User avatar
acadec
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Law School Forums

Postby acadec » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Is there any point to going to one of these forums the cycle before you apply?

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Law School Forums

Postby trudat15 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 pm

acadec wrote:Is there any point to going to one of these forums the cycle before you apply?


According to the LSAC "getting the most out of a forum" article,
If You Are Applying for Enrollment Beyond Fall 2011 …
Come prepared to take home a lot of information. You should try to pick up as much information as possible and talk with as many law school representatives as possible. You will have plenty of time to review the information at home, and you may find the perfect school for you that you didn’t even know existed. At a minimum, get a fact sheet and the website address for each school. You can get a head start in preparing for attending a forum next year and some ideas for creating a list of questions for the schools you want to visit.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: patrickkpaul and 6 guests