Reapplying, LOR Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
roballen

New

Reapplying, LOR Question

Post by roballen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 am

Last year I had 3 LOR's one from the old chancellor at my college, one from a lawyer I took a law class with and 1 from a professor/advisor. I have been out of college for 2 years now and working. Do you think its necessary that I get new LOR's or just send the same ones?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Reapplying, LOR Question

Post by Knock » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:09 pm

roballen wrote:Last year I had 3 LOR's one from the old chancellor at my college, one from a lawyer I took a law class with and 1 from a professor/advisor. I have been out of college for 2 years now and working. Do you think its necessary that I get new LOR's or just send the same ones?
You can just send the same ones, if you're confident they're solid LOR's.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:16 pm

You can send the same ones. However, read the directions for reapplicants from each school. While most do not, some do ask for at least 1 new LOR (I believe NU does this) and if they ask for it I would provide it if I were you.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 pm

bk187 wrote:You can send the same ones. However, read the directions for reapplicants from each school. While most do not, some do ask for at least 1 new LOR (I believe NU does this) and if they ask for it I would provide it if I were you.
Good call.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”