LOR email subject line

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

LOR email subject line

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 pm

I feel dumb for asking this, but what did everyone use as the subject line when asking for a LOR through email?

Is "Letter of Recommendation" okay, or should I try to make it more personal? While I am friendly with the professors, I honestly doubt I would email them for any other reason.

12262010
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby 12262010 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:27 pm

I asked in person... did you graduate?

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 pm

booyakasha wrote:I asked in person... did you graduate?

Yeah, and I work full time so it is hard for me to ask in person.

Edit: oh and one of the professors has switched schools (and states).

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 pm

dextermorgan wrote:I feel dumb for asking this, but what did everyone use as the subject line when asking for a LOR through email?

Is "Letter of Recommendation" okay, or should I try to make it more personal? While I am friendly with the professors, I honestly doubt I would email them for any other reason.


I just put "Letter of Recommendation" for the subject for both of my professors that I emailed.

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Knockglock wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:I feel dumb for asking this, but what did everyone use as the subject line when asking for a LOR through email?

Is "Letter of Recommendation" okay, or should I try to make it more personal? While I am friendly with the professors, I honestly doubt I would email them for any other reason.


I just put "Letter of Recommendation" for the subject for both of my professors that I emailed.

Cool. I just didn't want to seem like a greedy jerk-off.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:I feel dumb for asking this, but what did everyone use as the subject line when asking for a LOR through email?

Is "Letter of Recommendation" okay, or should I try to make it more personal? While I am friendly with the professors, I honestly doubt I would email them for any other reason.


I just put "Letter of Recommendation" for the subject for both of my professors that I emailed.

Cool. I just didn't want to seem like a greedy jerk-off.


I honestly don't know what else you would put. "Hey" "whats up prof" "sup dude" ? It's pretty much your only choice.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7960
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby Pleasye » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 am

I felt like "letter of recommendation" in the subject line kind of defeated the purpose of asking for it but couldn't think of anything else..so I left it blank :oops:

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 am

I put Letter of Rec in the subject line. It was my thesis advisor...didn't want him to get it confused with "Thesis Research Notes". I think professors prefer knowing what the e-mail is going to be about. If you weren't ever really close to your professor, they'll know it's for a LOR anyway.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby flyingpanda » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:59 am

LSpleaseee wrote:I felt like "letter of recommendation" in the subject line kind of defeated the purpose of asking for it but couldn't think of anything else..so I left it blank :oops:


You guys are thinking way too much about this stuff. Whatever the subject of your email is, put that in the topic line...




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Lordcarnus123, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests