LOR email subject line

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dextermorgan

Silver

LOR email subject line

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 pm

I feel dumb for asking this, but what did everyone use as the subject line when asking for a LOR through email?

Is "Letter of Recommendation" okay, or should I try to make it more personal? While I am friendly with the professors, I honestly doubt I would email them for any other reason.

Silver

Re: LOR email subject line

Postby 12262010 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:27 pm

I asked in person... did you graduate?

dextermorgan

Silver

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 pm

booyakasha wrote:I asked in person... did you graduate?

Yeah, and I work full time so it is hard for me to ask in person.

Edit: oh and one of the professors has switched schools (and states).

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 pm

dextermorgan wrote:I feel dumb for asking this, but what did everyone use as the subject line when asking for a LOR through email?

Is "Letter of Recommendation" okay, or should I try to make it more personal? While I am friendly with the professors, I honestly doubt I would email them for any other reason.

I just put "Letter of Recommendation" for the subject for both of my professors that I emailed.

dextermorgan

Silver

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Knockglock wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:I feel dumb for asking this, but what did everyone use as the subject line when asking for a LOR through email?

I just put "Letter of Recommendation" for the subject for both of my professors that I emailed.

Cool. I just didn't want to seem like a greedy jerk-off.

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Cool. I just didn't want to seem like a greedy jerk-off.

I honestly don't know what else you would put. "Hey" "whats up prof" "sup dude" ? It's pretty much your only choice.

Pleasye

Platinum

Postby Pleasye » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 am

I felt like "letter of recommendation" in the subject line kind of defeated the purpose of asking for it but couldn't think of anything else..so I left it blank :oops:

Gold

Postby 094320 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 am

flyingpanda

Silver

Postby flyingpanda » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:59 am

LSpleaseee wrote:I felt like "letter of recommendation" in the subject line kind of defeated the purpose of asking for it but couldn't think of anything else..so I left it blank :oops:

You guys are thinking way too much about this stuff. Whatever the subject of your email is, put that in the topic line...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�