Penn - YP? Love Softs? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vsl89

Bronze

Penn - YP? Love Softs?

Post by vsl89 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:48 pm

So, from what I understand, the higher ranked a school is, the more difficult it is to typically be accepted. Yet, I noticed that despite LSP giving me a 72% chance, very few people accepted to Penn Law w/stats similar to mine (169, 4.0). Of course, the data on LSN and TLS stats is self-reported, but why do more people on this site and LSN get accepted to NYU, per se, than Penn? Does Penn YP 169s a lot? We're below their median LSAT. Do they love good softs?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Penn - YP? Love Softs?

Post by Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 pm

vsl89 wrote:So, from what I understand, the higher ranked a school is, the more difficult it is to typically be accepted. Yet, I noticed that despite LSP giving me a 72% chance, very few people accepted to Penn Law w/stats similar to mine (169, 4.0). Of course, the data on LSN and TLS stats is self-reported, but why do more people on this site and LSN get accepted to NYU, per se, than Penn? Does Penn YP 169s a lot? We're below their median LSAT. Do they love good softs?
Pretty much by definition, you can't get YP'd with a LSAT below median.

It's probably because Penn favors LSAT more than it should according to the formula used in law school predictor, but that's just a guess.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”