I'm so confused with LSAC... help?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
alexost

I'm so confused with LSAC... help?

Postby alexost » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm beginning to dive into the application process and discovered it must all be completed online through LSAC. So, I've paid the $100-something fee to LSAC, and had my transcripts sent to them. Now, as far as LOR's and my PS, I'm completely clueless.

For the LOR's: Do I obtain the LOR and scan it or something into a document?

PS: Same as above; do I essentially upload the file on their website?

I also didn't see much on a resume, but have read many posts on here referring to them. Where does this go??

I'm really confused on this whole process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PoorOrpheus

Re: I'm so confused with LSAC... help?

Postby PoorOrpheus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 pm

LOR: Usually you give your recommender a stamped envelope for them to send it.
PS: You upload it directly to the website. I think they accept .doc, .pdf, and a bunch of other file extensions.
Resume: Same as the PS.

alexost

Postby alexost » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:40 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:LOR: Usually you give your recommender a stamped envelope for them to send it.
PS: You upload it directly to the website. I think they accept .doc, .pdf, and a bunch of other file extensions.
Resume: Same as the PS.

Thank you so much. As far as the LOR's, what do I do to it for LSAC to understand where it goes, etc.? Also, does this leave me with the ability to review the letter before submitting it to law schools? Or once LSAC receives it, it is sent?

PoorOrpheus

Postby PoorOrpheus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:52 pm

There's a LOR form you must complete that accompanies the LOR. Log in to LSAC --> Apply --> Credentials --> LOR.

Usually, you, the applicant, will not be able to see your LOR (unless you have a recommender who chooses to share or coordinate with you on the contents of the letter but that is rare). For this reason, it's important you only ask professors/supervisors for a LOR who you know will give you a stellar review since you will not see it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”