Ways to submit LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JJDancer

Ways to submit LOR

Postby JJDancer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:16 pm

My LOR writer is under this impression
"Law schools have an online option for faculty to turn in letters (it is a central repository that I have used in the past when I have done letters for other students)"

She's referring to LSAC but she can't turn it in except by fax, or snail mail right?

EDIT: I just went to the new LSAC website and looked at FAQs about LORs which said

"Can the recommender fax the letter to LSAC?
No, a faxed image is not clear enough to be added to your file."

I thought that was satisfactory?!?

Knock

Re: Ways to submit LOR

Postby Knock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:28 am

JJDancer wrote:My LOR writer is under this impression
"Law schools have an online option for faculty to turn in letters (it is a central repository that I have used in the past when I have done letters for other students)"

She's referring to LSAC but she can't turn it in except by fax, or snail mail right?

EDIT: I just went to the new LSAC website and looked at FAQs about LORs which said

There's been some confusion on this issue as of recently. Different people have called different LSAC representatives and gotten different answers. Got to love LSAC. Snail mail to be safe (i'm going to), but you could try faxing. Google around and you can find the number pretty easily. To my knowledge there is no database where a recommender could simply upload a letter, although that would be a good idea and LSAC should make it happen.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:00 am

Knockglock wrote:
JJDancer wrote:My LOR writer is under this impression

There's been some confusion on this issue as of recently. Different people have called different LSAC representatives and gotten different answers. Got to love LSAC. Snail mail to be safe (i'm going to), but you could try faxing. Google around and you can find the number pretty easily. To my knowledge there is no database where a recommender could simply upload a letter, although that would be a good idea and LSAC should make it happen.

My advisor faxed today and it went through and is uploaded.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 am

ok Thanks all. I think I'll stick to the fax and if for some reason it isn't processed, I'll do snail mail.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:13 pm

JJDancer wrote:I just went to the new LSAC website and looked at FAQs about LORs which said

It looks like LSAC has updated their FAQ:
"LSAC does not recommend faxing because the image of the letter is not always clear, and the barcode on the form can be distorted. Either of these problems can cause a significant delay in processing. If faxed documents are clear they will be accepted; however there is no guarantee."

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Faxes processed within 8 hours for me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”