Submit without Transcript?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
angiej

Submit without Transcript?

Postby angiej » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:35 pm

I'm applying to two schools whose apps are available now. I already have my LOR's, resume, and PS finished but want to wait for my summer grades until I request a transcript from my undergrad. Is it worthwhile to go ahead and submit everything without the transcript just to get myself "in line" for when schools review apps in another month or two or is it best to wait until everything is complete?

Re: Submit without Transcript?

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:39 pm

It won't really make a difference. You aren't in line until you are complete.

angiej

Postby angiej » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 pm

blowhard wrote:It won't really make a difference. You aren't in line until you are complete.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

lparker

Postby lparker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Sorry to bum off your thread, Angie... But to be sure I understand this correctly, a school receives your application and then requests the CAS report? And LSAC doesn't send the report until they've received everything? And after receiving the app/report you're considered complete?

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:04 pm

lparker wrote:Sorry to bum off your thread, Angie... But to be sure I understand this correctly, a school receives your application and then requests the CAS report? And LSAC doesn't send the report until they've received everything? And after receiving the app/report you're considered complete?

If I'm understanding this correctly then you're wrong. The process is not that difficult. Get ALL of your shit together with LSAC so that they have everything that your law schools want from their applicants, and then click submit. LSAC sends your schools everything that they need to review your application, it is not a difficult process.

I HATE the idea of applying when your application isn't ready because you set yourself up for the possibility of discovering a mistake in your app and not being able to correct it because you had cold feet. In the meantime, there is ZERO benefit from doing it aside from the possibility that you wouldn't have access to a computer to do it later.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”