LSAT Scantron Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Nulli Secundus

Gold

LSAT Scantron Question

Post by Nulli Secundus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:35 am

I am an international student, and I have a middle name but when I first registered for a LSAC account, I typed it in the first name box with my first name, because that is where its shown on my ID. My first name and middle name both have 4 letters. As far as I could see from PTs, LSAT Scantron forms have 8 slots for "first name", so I will have to write my first name and middle name together. Will this be a problem, should I send LSAC a signed form (or w/e needed) to change my middle name to a middle initial, as is the norm?

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: LSAT Scantron Question

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 am

You'll want to make your official name exactly like your name on the ID you will use. I have two middle names and it caused problems when I took the LSAT because only one middle initial was listed on my registration. I suggest you call and ask what they suggest. As long as you match your ID and then remain consistent, you'll be ok.

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 am

Let me clarify:

This is the real situation:

First name: XXXX
Middle Name: YYYY

This is how it appears on LSAC site:

First name: XXXX YYYY
MI: None

On test day, when I get the scantron to bubble my name in, the first name slot has 8 spaces.

So I will have to do this:

First Name MI

XXXXYYYY

And since there is no space between XXXX and YYYY I am afraid something will get screwed up, is it worth fixing it by making it appear as;

First Name: XXXX
Middle Initial: Y

Thanks in advance.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:35 pm

You need to have LSAC change the name info for you so it's accurate. I think they require a fax w/ your signature on it - it can't be done just over the phone. The info you put on the Scantron has to exactly match the ID you bring & your admissions ticket - if it doesn't a ton of problems can occur (score being delayed, not being able to take the exam due to the proctor being an ass, etc...)

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:48 pm

kazu wrote:You need to have LSAC change the name info for you so it's accurate. I think they require a fax w/ your signature on it - it can't be done just over the phone. The info you put on the Scantron has to exactly match the ID you bring & your admissions ticket - if it doesn't a ton of problems can occur (score being delayed, not being able to take the exam due to the proctor doing their job being an ass, etc...)
FTFY. Just get it fixed by LSAC.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Unitas wrote:
kazu wrote:You need to have LSAC change the name info for you so it's accurate. I think they require a fax w/ your signature on it - it can't be done just over the phone. The info you put on the Scantron has to exactly match the ID you bring & your admissions ticket - if it doesn't a ton of problems can occur (score being delayed, not being able to take the exam due to the proctor doing their job being an ass, etc...)
FTFY. Just get it fixed by LSAC.
Yeah, true. I'm just irritated with LSAC overall at the moment. Sorry proctors.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”