Please help me out with these 3 scenarios.(LSAT/GPA changes)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Which scenario would you recommend?

Scenario #1
14%
Scenario #2
No votes
Scenario #3
71%
Other (Please, please, please specify)
14%

Total votes: 7

bocastudent

Please help me out with these 3 scenarios.(LSAT/GPA changes)

Postby bocastudent » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 am

I'm registered for the October 2010 LSAT and currently taking a Testmasters course that ends the week before the LSAT.

But I think I'm going to have to make some changes and some big decisions soon, so I'd appreciate if you guys could help me out!

Scenario 1 (Currently shooting for):
I'm estimating that if I take the October '10 LSAT, I'll get a 163.
-Very strong LoR (1 from a judge and 1 from a professor whom I've taken classes with for 3 years);
-As involved in student organizations as it can get (President of Pre-Law for 2 years, president of Honor Society, about 600 comm. service hours, tutor, student government, etc.)
-LSAC GPA after summer: 3.595 and UGPA 3.64
-Strong PS with a Diversity Statement (I'm South American)
-3 internships in courthouses, district attorney, Child Abuse Gov't programs, etc.
Apply as soon as applications open and hope to get into a T20.

Scenario 2:
I take the December '10 LSAT and hopefully I'll get a 167+
-Very strong LoR (1 from a judge and 1 from a professor whom I've taken classes with for 3 years);
-As involved in student organizations as it can get (President of Pre-Law for 2 years, president of Honor Society, about 600 comm. service hours, tutor, student government, etc.)
-LSAC GPA after summer: 3.595 and UGPA 3.64
-3 internships in courthouses, district attorney, Child Abuse Gov't programs, etc.
And risk applying to my dream schools (Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, and even NYU??) LATE (end of December)

Scenario 3:
I take the December '10 LSAT and hopefully I'll get a 167+
-LSAC GPA after I graduate, which will include my grades from the last 2 semester (that are NOT included in the previous 2 scenarios because they only count up until the Summer before you graduate if you apply that year) estimated: LSAC GPA 3.70 UGPA 3.80
-Take a year off to work/gain experience and apply AS SOON AS applications open in '11 and hope to get into T14?

What I REALLY need help from you guys is with the risks that I'd be taking in all three scenarios.. Are they realistic? Because if so, I'd obviously be worth it for me to just take a year off and go with Scenario #3, but I want to get your opinions first regarding my assumptions.

PS.: Please note the LSAC GPA increase in Scenario 3 and let me know if that increase would be beneficial at all.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!
Last edited by bocastudent on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sophia.olive

Re: Please help me out with these 3 scenarios.(LSAT/GPA changes)

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 am

3. and make sure to make that a 167++

CanadianWolf

Re: Please help me out with these 3 scenarios.(LSAT/GPA changes)

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 am

Without an actual LSAT score, or, at the very least, many practice test scores, otherwise reasonable advice is merely speculation.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”