Should a high school be put on an application?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iwanta170

Should a high school be put on an application?

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 am

If we got "pass" credits via AP classes? If so, does a transcript for said high school need to be sent in?

Knock

Re: Should a high school be put on an application?

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 am

iwanta170 wrote:If we got "pass" credits via AP classes? If so, does a transcript for said high school need to be sent in?

Nah, it should be on your transcript of your UG institution. If not I don't think it matters.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 am

Knockglock wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:If we got "pass" credits via AP classes? If so, does a transcript for said high school need to be sent in?

Nah, it should be on your transcript of your UG institution. If not I don't think it matters.

Alright i won't include it. so colleges include our high school transcripts with the main one they send? or did i read this incorrectly

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am

iwanta170 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

colleges include our high school transcripts with the main one they send? or did i read this incorrectly

No, don't send your high school transcripts.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:01 am

All you need to put on the application re: high school is the name, location, and date asked for on the application. For once, they don't want us to jump through extra hoops :-)

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:09 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:All you need to put on the application re: high school is the name, location, and date asked for on the application. For once, they don't want us to jump through extra hoops :-)

i see. what about if it says to list "all colleges, universities and high/school university dual enrollment programs in which you have been or are currently enrolled, including those where credit was not received, college was applied to another degree.."

if we received AP credits should we list the high school?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:36 am

What exactly do you mean by "pass credits"? I mean, I think that unless you actually used the AP classes as credit to graduate from university (and perhaps even if you did), you don't need to worry. If you're worried, just call the school and ask.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:06 pm

No, you don't list the high school. If you were awarded anything from advanced placement that they care about, it should be on your undergraduate transcript. If it's not there, they don't care.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”