LSAC Still Accepting Faxes! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Gold

Re: No More Faxing LORs!

Post by 094320 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:25 pm

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 pm

215-504-1444

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:29 pm

acrossthelake wrote:What's the fax number?
1 (215) 504-1444

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Knockglock wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
eskimo wrote:I honestly don't care either way; I just feel like a dumbass having to go back to my recommenders to tell them that I'm an idiot and here's an envelope because LSAC sucks.
Asking for letters is so awkward.

Hey! I haven't seen you in a while! I missed you! Well, not actually...I just need you to say saccharine things about me to get me into law school so I can go back to not seeing you. Oh! And could you write a school-specific letter for the school you went to? And also Stanford. I don't know why, but they want one, even if you've never heard of Stanford or have it confused with Samford. Kthxbai.
Haha, couldn't agree more!
Typically, you'll have already decided to go to law school during your Junior year of UG.

I would imagine you can just ask the prof's you got a good grade in and got along with to give you a LOR as a 'final thing'. Cuts down on the awkwardness.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

This is ridiculous. I had called only two weeks ago to ask about this and they said sure, no prob and gave me the fax # which I included to all of my LOR writers. They accepted one on my behalf just last Thursday. What gives!?

Gold

Post by 094320 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:42 pm

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
angiej wrote:This is ridiculous. I had called only two weeks ago to ask about this and they said sure, no prob and gave me the fax # which I included to all of my LOR writers. They accepted one on my behalf just last Thursday. What gives!?
Inconsistent instructions by people answering the phone. I'm pretty sure it's okay to fax(which is why I asked for the fax number), but there's some policy that it's not, which some people say, while others are like well, we don't follow it, because we accept it all the time. I've worked in a call center for a different company before, uneven and inconsistent enforcing of rules is pretty normal--sometimes because a rule is either informally repealed, but nobody makes a formal announcement so half the ppl still enforce it while the other half doesn't, or a new one is instated, but only half the ppl read the memo.
I just called - they confirmed the one I sent came through just fine (totally clear and readible). I explained that because I already provided my recommenders with their fax number that more will likely come thorugh. He said if its clear, it will post, if not it will need to be snail mailed. I asked how I would know one way or the other and he said it wouldn't post to my account.

Thank you LSAC for making this stressful process even more anxiety-inducing. :twisted:

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:16 pm

I had a recommender fax one of my LORs yesterday around 4 pm. It was posted by midday today. The process seems to be working fine as of now. Also, I scanned and sent her the LSAC cover sheet before she faxed it, and that worked out fine as well. Apparently no image quality issues. HTH

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dany

Diamond

Re: Depending on who you ask, LSAC might accept faxed LORs!

Post by Dany » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Title changed; I'll be getting my letters snail-mailed just in case, but good luck with faxing!

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:53 pm

eskimo wrote:Title changed; I'll be getting my letters snail-mailed just in case, but good luck with faxing!
This can be read as far snarkier than intended.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:01 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
eskimo wrote:Title changed; I'll be getting my letters snail-mailed just in case, but good luck with faxing!
Probably, but then the person's just dense.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:23 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
Probably, but then the person's just dense.
If you mean the person faxing, then I agree.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:20 am

d34dluk3 wrote:
People know I'm usually nice on TLS; I think they'll understand that I generally hope for the best for everyone on here! :D

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:31 am

eskimo wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
People know I'm usually nice on TLS; I think they'll understand that I generally hope for the best for everyone on here! :D
Yeah, I read it and thought "wow, that was harsh" but then I thought "nah, eskimo wouldn't say that."

On an unrelated note, are you familiar with the term "zero-sum game"?

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 am

I had all my LORS faxed...there was no problem and was processed on time.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:01 am

d34dluk3 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
Yeah, I read it and thought "wow, that was harsh" but then I thought "nah, eskimo wouldn't say that."

On an unrelated note, are you familiar with the term "zero-sum game"?
TLS is so snarky that I have to be careful what I say. For instance, I really did mean "I hope that you all have good luck with faxing." and when I say "Hope that helps" I legitimately mean "I hope my advice was helpful to you!"

And of course; you're talking to an Econ major/game theory research assistant!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 am

Wow, I feel for you guys. I asked LSAC on July 26th if they accepted via Fax and then I got a quick email response saying they did. My recommender fax it on August 10th and it was received/processed just fine.

RCG37

New

Post by RCG37 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 am

Need input here...

My last recommender said she faxed my letter on Monday afternoon....I've been anxiously waiting and checking LSAC and as of a couple minutes ago her letter has still NOT been posted to my account. Mind you I had success with my other LOR being posted to my account a mere hours after being faxed back in July.

I just called LSAC to get to the bottom of this and the rep told me I shouldn't worry because it usually takes up to 7 days for processing even with faxing (LIES)...

I can't tell if it's taking longer because it is starting to get busy at LSAC or if the letter didn't go through/wasn't clear enough and I should have her refax or snail mail it. I asked the guy this specifically and he said to sit tight... except sitting tight could cost me a couple of weeks in the admissions game. Those bastards.

This is also quite the predicament because if things do in fact go awry I don't want her to throw away the signed form that is required to go with the letter.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 am

RCG37 wrote:Need input here...
My last recommender said she faxed my letter on Monday afternoon.
How late on Monday afternoon? Was it after business hours?

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

eskimo wrote:TLS is so snarky that I have to be careful what I say.
I'm going with this to explain why I read it that way. A cynical outlook on my part certainly had nothing to do with it. :P
eskimo wrote:And of course; you're talking to an Econ major/game theory research assistant!
I ask because admissions is one. Do you find any cognitive dissonance between that and wishing others well?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RCG37

New

Post by RCG37 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:33 am

Tiva wrote:
RCG37 wrote:Need input here...
My last recommender said she faxed my letter on Monday afternoon.
How late on Monday afternoon? Was it after business hours?

Yeah it was around 5 PM....

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 am

d34dluk3 wrote:
I'm going with this to explain why I read it that way. A cynical outlook on my part certainly had nothing to do with it. :P
eskimo wrote:And of course; you're talking to an Econ major/game theory research assistant!
I ask because admissions is one. Do you find any cognitive dissonance between that and wishing others well?
TLS is such a small portion of the applicant pool anyways, I don't see any harm in wishing people here luck and even help out my "competitors" with their apps or questions, if I can.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:51 am

Knockglock wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
TLS is such a small portion of the applicant pool anyways, I don't see any harm in wishing people here luck and even help out my "competitors" with their apps or questions, if I can.
This.

But let's just say I won't be editing any Why Chicago statements from any 173/3.8+ applicants anytime soon...

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Knockglock wrote:TLS is such a small portion of the applicant pool anyways, I don't see any harm in wishing people here luck and even help out my "competitors" with their apps or questions, if I can.
Well, I'm certainly not thinking "I hope you all fail!" I hope the people I feel like I know on here, like you and eskimo, do awesome (even if you take my Harvard spot, grrr). But there's that trace of when you watch poker and two guys go all in against each other and brightly say "good luck!"

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”