Fee Waiver emails

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kurt Cobain

Fee Waiver emails

Postby Kurt Cobain » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:28 pm

I think I've read about people emailing schools requesting application fee waivers. Is this true? Will schools just grant you a waiver if you request it? What do people say in their emails?

Dany

Re: Fee Waiver emails

Postby Dany » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Kurt Cobain wrote:I think I've read about people emailing schools requesting application fee waivers. Is this true? Will schools just grant you a waiver if you request it? What do people say in their emails?

I received many this way before taking the LSAT. I just sent a quick couple sentences saying what my GPA was and where I was practicing at and that while I didn't qualify for a need-based waiver, a fee waiver would help. Many schools gave me one solely on my GPA, others like Michigan replied that they give waivers to anyone who states that it will be any kind of barrier in their application. I received waivers this way from NYU on down the list.

Kurt Cobain

Postby Kurt Cobain » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:26 pm

blowhard wrote:
Kurt Cobain wrote:I think I've read about people emailing schools requesting application fee waivers. Is this true? Will schools just grant you a waiver if you request it? What do people say in their emails?

I received many this way before taking the LSAT. I just sent a quick couple sentences saying what my GPA was and where I was practicing at and that while I didn't qualify for a need-based waiver, a fee waiver would help. Many schools gave me one solely on my GPA, others like Michigan replied that they give waivers to anyone who states that it will be any kind of barrier in their application. I received waivers this way from NYU on down the list.

Ok thanks, does anyone have any other advice on what to include in an email requesting a fee waiver?

Dany

Postby Dany » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Kurt Cobain wrote:
blowhard wrote:

Ok thanks, does anyone have any other advice on what to include in an email requesting a fee waiver?

There are lots and lots of threads on what to put, and several examples in the 2014 thread.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”