rough GPA addendum- please help :(

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dany

Re: rough GPA addendum- please help :(

Postby Dany » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Barbie wrote:Heres a few details that might bring clarity.

Uni A and Uni B are essentially the same ranking: big public schools. I moved to Uni B because Moffitt is pretty much the leading cancer center around here and does a lot of research. Apparently, only 6 people have EVER had my exact tumor, so I'm like a 6 legged horse to them. They want to see how my advanced treatment, etc, all have impact on a tumor that almost 100% of the time has returned in atleast 5 years. Because of that, I also get monthly 3 hour MRI's and spinal taps (FML). I'm not so much in a clinical trial, because I'm the only one of my kind...

I might include that detail about how rare it is, and how you have earned a 3.77 while going through all of Moffitt's research because there are, essentially, no other people they can learn about this tumor from. To me, at least, that's amazing.

Skyhook

Re: rough GPA addendum- please help :(

Postby Skyhook » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:06 pm

eskimo wrote:
Barbie wrote:Heres a few details that might bring clarity.

Uni A and Uni B are essentially the same ranking: big public schools. I moved to Uni B because Moffitt is pretty much the leading cancer center around here and does a lot of research. Apparently, only 6 people have EVER had my exact tumor, so I'm like a 6 legged horse to them. They want to see how my advanced treatment, etc, all have impact on a tumor that almost 100% of the time has returned in atleast 5 years. Because of that, I also get monthly 3 hour MRI's and spinal taps (FML). I'm not so much in a clinical trial, because I'm the only one of my kind...

I might include that detail about how rare it is, and how you have earned a 3.77 while going through all of Moffitt's research because there are, essentially, no other people they can learn about this tumor from. To me, at least, that's amazing.

Yep, I second that.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”