Comment on My List?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Barbie

Re: Comment on My List?

Postby Barbie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:09 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:USNews ranks "the hardest & easiest law school to get into". Alabama is ranked 20th, Georgia 26th, Colorado 30th, & UNC 39th.

Yeah that is kind of how I saw it, but UNC it's hard to tell because it's not as hard for in state residents to get in... but I think it's very difficult for out of staters.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:10 pm

USNews ranks "the hardest & easiest law school to get into". Alabama is ranked 20th, Georgia 26th, Colorado 30th, & UNC 39th.

Some states have strict limits on the percentage of out-of-state students per class & some state budgets are screaming for out-of-state tuition payers.

UNC's undergraduate university at Chapel Hill is very tough on non-resident applicants, but I don't know if that is also true for the law school.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:55 pm

F*ck USNews.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:27 pm

lol.

What about Tulane/ SMU/ Ohio State?

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Might also consider throwing an app at University of Utah if you enjoy cold winters.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:25 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:Might also consider throwing an app at University of Utah if you enjoy cold winters.

I've never been near Utah nor heard of anything in Utah haha I'd have to do a good amt of research.

Anyone comment on Tulane/SMU/etc from above?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:35 pm

SMU is great if you want to work in Dallas or some other areas in Texas. Have you considered Pepperdine ?
New Orleans is in rebuilding turmoil.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:40 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:SMU is great if you want to work in Dallas or some other areas in Texas. Have you considered Pepperdine ?
New Orleans is in rebuilding turmoil.

Tulane has tons of journals though (I'm a writing major, so this is extremely appealing to me) and a sports law program, which I know makes everyone go blah blah that doesn't do shit blah blah but... whatever. haha

and SMU looks really nice but $$$.

I wonder if I am looking at a probably acceptance from these LSs though, and if so probably not any money to alleviate the high cost of attendance?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 pm

First, apply early. Second, apply to as many realistic choices as is feasible. Third, how did (& how are) you prepare for the LSAT ? I ask because, to state the obvious, your LSAT is one point shy of serious money at several tier ones if your GPA were higher, thus you need to increase your LSAT by several points to get substantial merit money in order to compensate for a low GPA, in my opinion.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:49 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:First, apply early. Second, apply to as many realistic choices as is feasible. Third, how did (& how are) you prepare for the LSAT ? I ask because, to state the obvious, your LSAT is one point shy of serious money at several tier ones if your GPA were higher, thus you need to increase your LSAT by several points to get substantial merit money, in my opinion.

honestly, the studying isnt going well. its hard to be motivated. this is why im going to go ahead and submit my apps really early rather than wait, because i fear i may not do better at all.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”