Difficulty getting Professor LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Difficulty getting Professor LOR

Postby sultanbahu786 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello All,

I needed some advice on the LOR front. I went to NYU and graduated with a so so gpa. I will have 2 years of work experience under my belt before attending law school and I'm scoring well on the LSAT (which I will take in October).

I didn't really make any connection with Professor's in college because I'm an idiot. I have two awesome recommendations from an Executive Director at a nonprofit and a University Chaplain who was also my advisor for four years. I was told that it is imperative that you get at least ONE recommendation from a Professor. I really don't feel like I can ask anyone.

Do I have to have a recommendation from a Professor, and if so... how should I go about it seeing as I am a year out of college and I didn't make any relationships with any of my professors (and the TA's I did have relationships with I've completely lost touch with - 2+ years- ).

Re: Difficulty getting Professor LOR

Postby Kswizzie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Do you still have the work you did in classes you did well in? If so just email your profs in a professional manner telling them you got an A in their class and have the work you did in it and they should be able to help you out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”