"Mrs."

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby MissLucky » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:25 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
Kurt Cobain wrote:Just sue schools that don't let you in for illegal discrimination.


As opposed to legal discrimination.

Which, as we all know, is called affirmative action.


LOL.

bananasinpajamas
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby bananasinpajamas » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Go make me a sandwich.

User avatar
mpasi
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby mpasi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:44 pm

powderpuff wrote:

I don't understand - I'm not degrading the situation or feminists. My fear is that I will seen as a "Mrs." and not an independent woman.



Oh, for fuck's sake. This has to be a joke.

You're not independent anymore. You are married. You're confusing independence for individuality. If you had such a huge problem with the patriarchal institution of women changing their names for marriage, you should have kept yours.

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: "Mrs."

Postby trialjunky » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:06 pm

powderpuff wrote:I just received a copy of a very strong and compelling LOR from a professor which he has already sent on to LSAC. He refers to me as "Mrs. X." I am married . . . but I go by "Ms." because I am an independent person who happens to be in a marriage. My point is, I don't want law school admissions people to assume that I will earn my law degree and then drop off the radar to raise kids and be "Mrs.X." In fact, my husband would very much like to be a professional house hubby. Is this a big deal or am I overeacting?



QFP

Before she realizes how much of an idiot she looks like and deletes it.

kalvano wrote:
powderpuff wrote:He refers to me as "Mrs. X." I am married . . . but I go by "Ms." because I am an independent person who happens to be in a marriage.



Have you been punched in the face lately? If not, you ought to be.


I absolutely fucking <3 Kal!!

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby JordynAsh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:35 pm

UCLAtransfer wrote:I'm still laughing at the notion that adcomms are even going to read the LOR, let alone notice something such as "Ms." v. "Mrs."


Or be as ridiculously judgmental as the OP towards women who choose to be a "Mrs."

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby scruffs mcguff » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 pm

As long as the letter is as strong and compelling as you say it is, I think adcomms will look over the fact that you are a "Mrs."

Unless the professor was herself a "Mrs."

If that's the case then I'm sorry but you're screwed.

User avatar
dub
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby dub » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Flame.

Also, what law school offers classes in the kitchen?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby romothesavior » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 pm

I am saddened that a woman is allowed to use a computer without her husband's permission. What has our society come to?

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: "Mrs."

Postby trialjunky » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 am

dub wrote:Flame.

Also, what law school offers classes in the kitchen?



lmao ^^ good

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:50 am

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby jennylynn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:06 am

Oh good grief. :roll:

British
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby British » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:15 am

"I am an independent person who happens to be in a marriage"

Hilarious!

Stupid woman.

traumba
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby traumba » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:18 am

Powderpuff, you will fit in just fine in law school. Just fine.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby romothesavior » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:23 am

The shoes on my feet
I've bought it
The clothes I'm wearing
I've bought it
The rock I'm rockin'
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted the watch you're wearin'
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've bought it
The car I'm driving
I've bought it
I depend on me

User avatar
Kurt Cobain
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby Kurt Cobain » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:27 am

romothesavior wrote:The shoes on my feet
I've bought it
The clothes I'm wearing
I've bought it
The rock I'm rockin'
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted the watch you're wearin'
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've bought it
The car I'm driving
I've bought it
I depend on me


All you women, who are independent
Throw your hands up at meeeee

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:30 am

Kurt Cobain wrote:
romothesavior wrote:The shoes on my feet
I've bought it
The clothes I'm wearing
I've bought it
The rock I'm rockin'
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted the watch you're wearin'
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've bought it
The car I'm driving
I've bought it
I depend on me


All you women, who are independent
Throw your hands up at meeeee


Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down,
Never gonna run around and desert you.
Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye,
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby romothesavior » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 am

ITT: Post lyrics to your favorite late-90s early 2000s pop song.

GO!

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 am

romothesavior wrote:ITT: Post lyrics to your favorite late-90s early 2000s pop song.

GO!

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies, that you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand.
I would understand.

EDIT: And for those that didn't catch it in my last post: I rickrolled you guys.

User avatar
Iconoclast
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:36 am

ResolutePear wrote:
EDIT: And for those that didn't catch it in my last post: I rickrolled you guys.


If you have to point out that you rickrolled someone, you failed.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby stratocophic » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:38 am

Iconoclast wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
EDIT: And for those that didn't catch it in my last post: I rickrolled you guys.


If you have to point out that you rickrolled someone, you failedthe person you rickrolled wasn't worth rickrolling.

User avatar
Iconoclast
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:40 am

stratocophic wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
EDIT: And for those that didn't catch it in my last post: I rickrolled you guys.


If you have to point out that you rickrolled someone, you failedthe person you rickrolled wasn't worth rickrolling.


EVERYONE is worth rickrolling.

My favorite rickroll of all time was when youtube redirected all of their 'featured videos" as an april fools joke :)

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby stratocophic » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 am

Iconoclast wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
EDIT: And for those that didn't catch it in my last post: I rickrolled you guys.


If you have to point out that you rickrolled someone, you failedthe person you rickrolled wasn't worth rickrolling.


EVERYONE is worth rickrolling.

My favorite rickroll of all time was when youtube redirected all of their 'featured videos" as an april fools joke :)
On principle I agree, but believe it or not some people don't even know what it is, even in this day and age. It's just disheartening.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:43 am

stratocophic wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:
If you have to point out that you rickrolled someone, you failedthe person you rickrolled wasn't worth rickrolling.


EVERYONE is worth rickrolling.

My favorite rickroll of all time was when youtube redirected all of their 'featured videos" as an april fools joke :)
On principle I agree, but believe it or not some people don't even know what it is, even in this day and age. It's just disheartening.


Trololololol

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: "Mrs."

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:43 am

Image

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: "Mrs."

Postby stratocophic » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:45 am

ResolutePear wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:
stratocophic wrote:


EVERYONE is worth rickrolling.

My favorite rickroll of all time was when youtube redirected all of their 'featured videos" as an april fools joke :)
On principle I agree, but believe it or not some people don't even know what it is, even in this day and age. It's just disheartening.


Trololololol
I might like that better than rickrolling anyway, to be fair. I still laugh every time I see the video. Maybe it's just the fact that he makes funny faces and I'm a 5 year old.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apricots and 3 guests