Post-admission UG Grades

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ineptimusprime

Post-admission UG Grades

Postby ineptimusprime » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Is it of any benefit (for scholarships, etc.) to continue killing yourself for that 4.0 GPA in that last semester after you've been admitted? I could potentially get from the 3.6 to 3.7 range prior to graduation, but is there any chance of being rewarded for that?

acrossthelake

Re: Post-admission UG Grades

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:22 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:Is it of any benefit (for scholarships, etc.) to continue killing yourself for that 4.0 GPA in that last semester after you've been admitted? I could potentially get from the 3.6 to 3.7 range prior to graduation, but is there any chance of being rewarded for that?

Could help you get off of waitlists...but not for scholarships, no.

Tsispilos

Re: Post-admission UG Grades

Postby Tsispilos » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:23 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:Is it of any benefit (for scholarships, etc.) to continue killing yourself for that 4.0 GPA in that last semester after you've been admitted? I could potentially get from the 3.6 to 3.7 range prior to graduation, but is there any chance of being rewarded for that?

only worth it if it'll make a difference regarding latin honors. the law school definitely will not care one way or the other, as long as you don't completely bomb out. future employers might look favorably on a magna cum laude or the like though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”