Engineering Applicants 2011

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
d34d9823

Re: Engineering Applicants 2011

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 am

Lafakad wrote:Do you guys feel that passing the FE exam is worth the time for ChE? I could do a free prepcourse at my school but I don't want to hinder my LSAT studying.

Why do them at the same time? Take the FE in the spring of your senior year. Your law school apps will all be done by then.

gerbal

Postby gerbal » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:00 am

Lastly, apply early! Don't sacrifice anything in your application by applying earlier than you should, but do try to apply before mid-October. I cannot overemphasize the importance of this point.

Last edited by gerbal on Fri May 13, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

czelede

Postby czelede » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 pm

gerbal wrote:
Lastly, apply early! Don't sacrifice anything in your application by applying earlier than you should, but do try to apply before mid-October. I cannot overemphasize the importance of this point.

Do you think it would be a big mistake waiting until December to apply? I have very similar numbers to you (3.85, bioengineering from a top univeristy, pt'ing in the 170s) but plan to take the LSAT in October and write my essay after that...Would this be a mistake? Studying for the LSAT/doing research right now, I'm not sure I'll have time to focus on my essays but if you think it's essential, I might have to try to sacrifice sleep to write some essays...Thanks.

Try to write your essays beforehand and get your application together so that you can pretty much hit send within a few days of receiving your LSAT score back.

eternallearner

Postby eternallearner » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Excellent thread. I love this thread and enjoy meeting like-minded people!

If you have taken your Patent Exam, did you print out all your study material (all of the old exams/questions/answers, all the material from bullseye-package) or did you just study it on your computer?

Thanks!

younkink

Postby younkink » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:24 pm

eternallearner wrote:Excellent thread. I love this thread and enjoy meeting like-minded people!

If you have taken your Patent Exam, did you print out all your study material (all of the old exams/questions/answers, all the material from bullseye-package) or did you just study it on your computer?

Thanks!

I haven't taken it yet (registered for october 18th eeeeeeek), but the only thing I have printed so far is the bulls-eye 100ish page MPEP study guide. Using the rest on the computer.

Also, check out : http://mypatentbar.com/

gerbal

Postby gerbal » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 pm

reviving an old thread, but just wanted to know how my fellow engineers were doing. Personally, I'm in the process of writing my PS and hope to get everything in by thanksgiving. Not sure it will happen though. I should've worked on them earlier, but I could not concentrate at all before I got my LSAT score.

eternallearner

Postby eternallearner » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:44 pm

I am in the process of signing up for the Patent Bar Exam. Can I have a fee breakdown on how much to expect to spend on getting my USPTO license?

Thanks!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:49 pm

I was in last year's thread, so might as well join this one.

Computer Science, 10+ years of WE as software engineer (sorry, real engineers) DBA and web application developer.

Maybe it's still early, this thread should be a little more active!

gerbal

Postby gerbal » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Last edited by gerbal on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androstan

Postby androstan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Chem Engr, master's in chemistry, 1 year WE.

2.87/163/167/Dec

The 163 was cold, the 167 was due to extenuating circumstances. PT's 169-176, usually 171/2.

TrainingDaze

Postby TrainingDaze » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:30 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Sorry to sneak into your thread, but I saw some mention of JD/MS and had to chime in.

"You've ruined the act Gob" //in British accent

I'm interested in this technology and law topic as well as I am finishing up my MS in CS (information security) and I have a few coworkers in the cybersecurity realm who are attending law school this year because they feel that computer/network security combined with a JD is going to be in demand. Does anyone have any input or knowledge about this?

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:32 pm

eternallearner wrote:I am in the process of signing up for the Patent Bar Exam. Can I have a fee breakdown on how much to expect to spend on getting my USPTO license?

Thanks!

I think it was around $400 (total) if i remember correctly.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:48 pm

TrainingDaze wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Sorry to sneak into your thread, but I saw some mention of JD/MS and had to chime in.

I'm interested in this technology and law topic as well as I am finishing up my MS in CS (information security) and I have a few coworkers in the cybersecurity realm who are attending law school this year because they feel that computer/network security combined with a JD is going to be in demand. Does anyone have any input or knowledge about this?

Also very interested to the answer to this question.

Computer Science/Mathematics here even though I sometimes refer to myself as an engineer, sorry real engineers. I have a GPA slightly less than a 3.7 and I'm retaking the Dec. LSAT.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:30 pm

TrainingDaze wrote:

No there can't be this many of us! I need to be the only one so I can have my pick of jobs... :mrgreen:

It's going to be a nice niche for all of us. Especially if you have advanced degree and/or WE in the area. I always had a tough time finding legal professionals that are knowledgeable in the area, that's why I decided to become one myself.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”