Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby 09042014 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
Hey how bankrupt must a life be to feel validated through attaining a high score on the LSAT?


Looks at thread title and chuckles.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12318
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby gdane » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Its where you end up, not how you got there, that matters. Taking the LSAT 7 times really sucks, but you got it done. Also, a lot of the people on here are being jerkoffs because they took the LSAT once or twice and got a 170+, but chances are that they would do terrible on the MCAT. I've seen that sh*t. THATS a tough test.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby 09042014 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Which T14?


Looks like Boalt

Also-

vespertiliovir wrote:The Boalt with a 3.6 is what's making me (most) suspicious.


Yea his profile says, Accepted -withdraw from boalt.


I bet you brought your dad to the ASD.

And anyone who thinks 170+ is all based on their superior intellect is a tool.


Subtle Northwesterners are old trolling.

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby rbgrocio » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are you worried that you won't be as smart as your peers?


No, because they are not.


The majority of your class probably took 5 PTs and that was that. Good luck though. Your perseverance may more than make up it.[/quo

180 does not mean that you are smarter than someone with a 160, imho

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby thecilent » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
Hey how bankrupt must a life be to feel validated through attaining a high score on the LSAT?


Looks at thread title and chuckles.


lol Seriously.

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby CG614 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:40 pm

gdane5 wrote:Its where you end up, not how you got there, that matters. Taking the LSAT 7 times really sucks, but you got it done. Also, a lot of the people on here are being jerkoffs because they took the LSAT once or twice and got a 170+, but chances are that they would do terrible on the MCAT. I've seen that sh*t. THATS a tough test.

So, your argument is that a forum of law student and potential law students, who mostly all graduated with non-science majors, would do poorly on a science based test?

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:40 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby 09042014 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:41 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are you worried that you won't be as smart as your peers?


No, because they are not.


The majority of your class probably took 5 PTs and that was that. Good luck though. Your perseverance may more than make up it.[/quo

180 does not mean that you are smarter than someone with a 160, imho


Well it's a damn good indication.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:41 pm

gdane5 wrote:Its where you end up, not how you got there, that matters. Taking the LSAT 7 times really sucks, but you got it done. Also, a lot of the people on here are being jerkoffs because they took the LSAT once or twice and got a 170+, but chances are that they would do terrible on the MCAT. I've seen that sh*t. THATS a tough test.


Not necessarily disagreeing with your entire point, but...

The MCAT is knowledge based, and the LSAT is skills based. Measuring two very different things. The two don't compare.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:42 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12318
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby gdane » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:42 pm

CG614 wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Its where you end up, not how you got there, that matters. Taking the LSAT 7 times really sucks, but you got it done. Also, a lot of the people on here are being jerkoffs because they took the LSAT once or twice and got a 170+, but chances are that they would do terrible on the MCAT. I've seen that sh*t. THATS a tough test.

So, your argument is that a forum of law student and potential law students, who mostly all graduated with non-science majors, would do poorly on a science based test?


No, my argument is that people on here think that they are so wonderful and great because they got a high score on the LSAT, but that it's not something to really bump your chest about because there are much tougher tests out there that they may very well do poorly on.

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby rbgrocio » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:44 pm

how? I fail to see how the LSAT has nothing to do with intelligence. In fact, I do not see any correlation between LSAT performance and law school performance.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:44 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
CG614 wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Its where you end up, not how you got there, that matters. Taking the LSAT 7 times really sucks, but you got it done. Also, a lot of the people on here are being jerkoffs because they took the LSAT once or twice and got a 170+, but chances are that they would do terrible on the MCAT. I've seen that sh*t. THATS a tough test.

So, your argument is that a forum of law student and potential law students, who mostly all graduated with non-science majors, would do poorly on a science based test?


I know right, it's like saying most half-educated Lib.art major undergrads would do well on any logic-based standardized tests.

The liberal arts includes the sciences...A liberal arts education is just one that is not professional, vocational, or technical. Sure...I'm sure my liberal arts education prepared me better for logic-based standardized tests than studying to be a beautician?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby 09042014 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 pm

rbgrocio wrote:how? I fail to see how the LSAT has nothing to do with intelligence. In fact, I do not see any correlation between LSAT performance and law school performance.


Luckily we don't have to trust your judgment. LSAT has a higher correlation to first year performance than any other single variable.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby thecilent » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Well it's a damn good indication.


I can't tell if you're serious :shock:


He is. And he's right.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:46 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby 09042014 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Well it's a damn good indication.


I can't tell if you're serious :shock:


180 over 160? Yes I'm serious. The LSAT tests pretty basic reading and logic skills that roughly mirror intelligence. I could make an exception for someone with dyslexia or something that affected their test taking.

175 vs 170 doesn't say much.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:47 pm

gdane5 wrote:
CG614 wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Its where you end up, not how you got there, that matters. Taking the LSAT 7 times really sucks, but you got it done. Also, a lot of the people on here are being jerkoffs because they took the LSAT once or twice and got a 170+, but chances are that they would do terrible on the MCAT. I've seen that sh*t. THATS a tough test.

So, your argument is that a forum of law student and potential law students, who mostly all graduated with non-science majors, would do poorly on a science based test?


No, my argument is that people on here think that they are so wonderful and great because they got a high score on the LSAT, but that it's not something to really bump your chest about because there are much tougher tests out there that they may very well do poorly on.


Nice argument, next.

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby rbgrocio » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:how? I fail to see how the LSAT has nothing to do with intelligence. In fact, I do not see any correlation between LSAT performance and law school performance.


Luckily we don't have to trust your judgment. LSAT has a higher correlation to first year performance than any other single variable.


I'm not asking you to trust my judgment. I still think the LSAT has nothing to do with being smart.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby thecilent » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:DF, if it helps you understand this concept, think about it this way.

I, a moron, got a 170+ on the LSAT. Sorry to undermine your intellect,

but you're not special :|


You spent 2.5 years, and still only got a 171! This showsss that a 180 does take a certain type of intellect. God, you contradict yourself so much and don't even realize.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:48 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby rbgrocio » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:DF, if it helps you understand this concept, think about it this way.

I, a moron, got a 170+ on the LSAT. Sorry to undermine your intellect,

but you're not special :|



lol. Not the LSAT but I, without speaking English and after being in this country for a month, took the SAT and got a full scholarship to college. Really, standardized tests are crap. Imo they are not an indication of anything.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests