Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby thecilent » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:I was going through some personal struggles. But let's face it. The LSAT is a beast of its own. Not everyone is capable of getting a 170+ and it's reserved for the top 1% for a reason. I really had to dig deep and make some serious decisions to keep going until I got the score I believed I could get.


Pretty sure you are kinda contradicting yourself... if anything, you prove that a 170 is not 'reserved' for anyone.


170 is possible for anyone (minus obvious exceptions like mental retardation etc). Some have face more difficulties than others depending on their circumstances. If you really want it, you can get it.


So then how can you say 'not everyone is capable of getting a 170?'

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby 09042014 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are you worried that you won't be as smart as your peers?


No, because they are not.


The majority of your class probably took 5 PTs and that was that. Good luck though. Your perseverance may more than make up it.
Last edited by 09042014 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby CG614 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Do you think you are cool?

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby General Tso » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 pm

thecilent wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are you worried that you won't be as smart as your peers?


No, because they are not.


:?


total dick, isn't he? he's convinced himself that it is his superior intellect, and not his effective preparation and better access to information that got him into his T14 (with a subpar GPA, I might add).

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:52 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby CG614 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are you worried that you won't be as smart as your peers?


No, because they are not.


The majority of your class probably took 5 PTs and that was that. Good luck though. Your perseverance may more than make up it.

If that, most people probably cold diagnostic'd above his first score.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:53 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OG Loc
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby OG Loc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
flyingpanda wrote:What was your mindset when you were takng so many LSATs? Did you hit a plateau and try to push through it? Or did you never hit a peak and just decide to keep going?


I was going through some personal struggles. But let's face it. The LSAT is a beast of its own. Not everyone is capable of getting a 170+ and it's reserved for the top 1% for a reason. I really had to dig deep and make some serious decisions to keep going until I got the score I believed I could get.


Pretty sure you are kinda contradicting yourself... if anything, you prove that a 170 is not 'reserved' for anyone.


170 is possible for anyone (minus obvious exceptions like mental retardation etc). Some have face more difficulties than others depending on their circumstances. If you really want it, you can get it.


lol

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:54 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:55 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby thecilent » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:Try to understand my layman explanation contradiction in layman contradiction terms.


Ok.

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby CG614 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are you worried that you won't be as smart as your peers?


No, because they are not.


The majority of your class probably took 5 PTs and that was that. Good luck though. Your perseverance may more than make up it.


Even if that's true, what does that mean? It just means they scored 170+s after 5 PTs.

I wouldn't assume anything beyond that.

It means they didn't take 2.5 years to get to their score. It means they will probably have an easier time understanding the material. It means you should not brag about taking the LSAT 7 times to get a 171.

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby CG614 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are you worried that you won't be as smart as your peers?


No, because they are not.


The majority of your class probably took 5 PTs and that was that. Good luck though. Your perseverance may more than make up it.


Even if that's true, what does that mean? It just means they scored 170+s after 5 PTs.

I wouldn't assume anything beyond that.

Double posted by accident. I'll add this: you kinda suck.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby Hannibal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Are you worried about passing the bar?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby thecilent » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Hannibal wrote:Are you worried about passing the bar?


lmao. Win.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby 09042014 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Don't worry guys he'll be totally ready for law school by semester 7.

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby CG614 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Hannibal wrote:Are you worried about passing the bar?

Hahaha. Thread title in 9 years. "Ask a guy who took the Bar 7 times and now a paralegal at Skadden"

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Hannibal wrote:Are you worried about passing the bar?


Meh. The bar doesn't seem that difficult to pass. People at T3s and T4s manage to, and they don't even manage to improve their LSAT before applying.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby thecilent » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:01 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Are you worried about passing the bar?


Meh. The bar doesn't seem that difficult to pass. People at T3s and T4s manage to, and they don't even manage to improve their LSAT before applying.


Way to ruin the fun, ATL.

User avatar
Unemployed
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby Unemployed » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Who cares? Dey still tuk yer jerbs.

User avatar
dooterdude11
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 am

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby dooterdude11 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Daytukrjabs wrote:
flyingpanda wrote:What was your mindset when you were takng so many LSATs? Did you hit a plateau and try to push through it? Or did you never hit a peak and just decide to keep going?


I was going through some personal struggles. But let's face it. The LSAT is a beast of its own. Not everyone is capable of getting a 170+ and it's reserved for the top 1% for a reason. I really had to dig deep and make some serious decisions to keep going until I got the score I believed I could get.


Pretty sure you are kinda contradicting yourself... if anything, you prove that a 170 is not 'reserved' for anyone.


170 is possible for anyone (minus obvious exceptions like mental retardation etc). Some have face more difficulties than others depending on their circumstances. If you really want it, you can get it.


What you have in bold her is really not true. The obvious logical fallacy is to assume that because you achieved that score through persistence that any other person could also. I know plenty of people who couldn't score 155 on the LSAT if they studied for years. They're just not smart enough. Same is true for 170+, though much more so.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:04 pm

thecilent wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Are you worried about passing the bar?


Meh. The bar doesn't seem that difficult to pass. People at T3s and T4s manage to, and they don't even manage to improve their LSAT before applying.


Way to ruin the fun, ATL.


Sorry. :( I just can't help pointing out the obvious.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby tru » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:04 pm

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Ask a guy who took the LSAT 7 times and now going to a T14

Postby thecilent » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:05 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
thecilent wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Are you worried about passing the bar?


Meh. The bar doesn't seem that difficult to pass. People at T3s and T4s manage to, and they don't even manage to improve their LSAT before applying.


Way to ruin the fun, ATL.


Sorry. :( I just can't help pointing out the obvious.


Obvious things tend to not need the pointing..........




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Lexaholik and 2 guests