Stupid question, but I have to ask... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mpasi

Bronze

Stupid question, but I have to ask...

Post by mpasi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm going over my transcript for my current institution, and just noticed that several of the courses I transferred in haven't been counted. Will LSAC count them, or is that wishful thinking? I think LSAC will, but if my school doesn't, maybe they won't either? Anybody know?

Barbie

Gold

Re: Stupid question, but I have to ask...

Post by Barbie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:47 pm

mpasi wrote:I'm going over my transcript for my current institution, and just noticed that several of the courses I transferred in haven't been counted. Will LSAC count them, or is that wishful thinking? I think LSAC will, but if my school doesn't, maybe they won't either? Anybody know?
If you got a grade for it, it'll be counted.

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:57 pm

If you're transferring them in, that means that they'd appear on the transcript of the school at which you originally took them. So they'll be included in your LSAC GPA that way.

I transferred some credits in. I got transcripts from both schools sent to LSAC. LSAC shows them as counting against the GPA for the original school, and they count in my overall GPA.

ARTfulDodger

New

Post by ARTfulDodger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:58 pm

mpasi wrote:I'm going over my transcript for my current institution, and just noticed that several of the courses I transferred in haven't been counted. Will LSAC count them, or is that wishful thinking? I think LSAC will, but if my school doesn't, maybe they won't either? Anybody know?
Make sure that you submit transcripts from every school you have attended. Everything will be counted.

mpasi

Bronze

Post by mpasi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks, guys.

ARTfulDodger

New

Post by ARTfulDodger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:03 pm

You're welcome, mpasi.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”