Am I being paranoid or is this addendum worthy?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
masochist

Am I being paranoid or is this addendum worthy?

Postby masochist » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:36 pm

As directed by LSAC, I am sending in all of my transcripts for college courses even if they did not contribute credit toward my undergraduate degree. For me, this includes a transcript from a community college at which I took classes while I was enrolled in high school. Although no credit was transferred to my UG school, they did apply toward my high school diploma (and high school credit was the primary reason I took them). Here is where the problem lies. In addition to expected courses like chemistry and US history I also took a series of fairly bogus courses so that I could meet my HS phys ed requirement. This means that my transcript includes grades for ballroom dancing, advanced ballroom dancing, stress relief and relaxation (awesome course), and advanced stress relief and relaxation. I am worried that it might look like I am trying to pad my GPA. Should I explain why I had to take these courses in an addendum, or has thinking about law school apps finally compromised my sense of perspective?

Deuce

Re: Am I being paranoid or is this addendum worthy?

Postby Deuce » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:39 pm

No addendum for that. They're addcomms, not conspiracy theorists. They're not going to think you were planning your LSAC GPA in high school with no credits given.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:40 pm

The dates listed will clearly show that you took them in high school...I'd be very surprised if any high schoolers were aware of how LSDAS calculated GPA and were padding their GPAs with PE courses...and I don't think adcoms are that suspicious.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh, you're fine. By the way - did you find the advanced stress relief & relaxation course to be substantially more academically rigorous than the 100-level course? Was it difficult locating your chi? Also - what is the sound of a single hand clapping?

/snark

masochist

Postby masochist » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:55 pm

TommyK wrote:Nahhhhhhhhhhhh, you're fine. By the way - did you find the advanced stress relief & relaxation course to be substantially more academically rigorous than the 100-level course? Was it difficult locating your chi? Also - what is the sound of a single hand clapping?

/snark

Ironically there was a test in advanced stress relief. Appropriately, I remember that it involved demonstrating progressive relaxation.

Advanced ballroom dance actually was kind of hard.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”