Graduate transcript unavailable

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LockBox

Graduate transcript unavailable

Postby LockBox » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Question for all of you who might know. I started graduate school a few years ago but due to financial concerns had to leave after only attending and completing 1 quarter. Now, while I was there I took out a loan which I am currently in repayment for. Everything is in good standing but they won't release my transcripts for lsac until I pay in full, which I can't do right now. How will lsac and law schools treat this issue? I'm taking the lsat this october and planning to apply this fall. Any advice?

Re: Graduate transcript unavailable

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:29 pm

LockBox wrote:Question for all of you who might know. I started graduate school a few years ago but due to financial concerns had to leave after only attending and completing 1 quarter. Now, while I was there I took out a loan which I am currently in repayment for. Everything is in good standing but they won't release my transcripts for lsac until I pay in full, which I can't do right now. How will lsac and law schools treat this issue? I'm taking the lsat this october and planning to apply this fall. Any advice?

I don't think you can apply until they have received all transcripts. You might have to try refinancing with an unsecured loan or something so you can pay off the school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”